Infrequent truncation of music file when playing genre, easy listening eg

I have a nucleus that works well but occasionally playing a genre like “easy listening”, Roon will truncate a song or track and immediately start the next programmed track. It seems to be restricted to Tidal, and I do recall Roonlabs did something to the buffer memory to mitigate this problem? I suspect the option to advise the listener the identity of the next file in the automatic generate playlist might be the problem. Roon is supposed to let me know 30 seconds before the end of the playing track what the next track is to be. I sense that the truncated songs are cut short about 30 seconds before the end occurs.

System is Roon Nucleus (basic) feeding NAD C658 as a room ready mode ==> preamp etc.

Hello @Louis_Hissink,

Thank you for getting in touch and letting us know of this error you’re running into. I was wondering if you could share a few more details:

Does this truncation happen regardless of the endpoint you are streaming to?
Does it happen if you turn off Roon Radio?

What might help refresh things is:

• Exit out of Roon
  • Stop RoonServer via the Web UI
  • Find and open your Roon database
  • Navigate to RoonServer/Cache
  • Move the contents of the /Cache folder elsewhere, like your desktop
  • Try restarting Roon and verify if the issue still occurs

Thanks in advance :pray:

Hi Rebeka,
Roon worked perfectly last night but as there were some global internet hiccups over the last week, I now suspect the cause for the drop-outs or truncations “might” be related to some unusual global electromagnetic effects.

The hifi system is on its own sub-LAN and router, while I also have some SONOS speakers on a totally different sub-LAN so the cause has to be external and hence the WAN.

You can close this issue please. Thank you also for the advice to flush the cache/buffer.