Initial launch of app failed

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Model Name:|Mac mini|
late 2012
Model Identifier:|Macmini6,1|
Processor Name:|Intel Core i5|
Processor Speed:|2.5 GHz|
Number of Processors:|1|| Total Number of Cores:|2|
L2 Cache (per Core):|256 KB|
L3 Cache:|3 MB|
Memory:|8 GB|
Boot ROM Version:|MM61.0106.B0A|
SMC Version (system):|2.7f0|

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wifi to ATT uverse

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
LTA Integrated Stereo
Orchid DAC
USB from MAC to DAC
From DAC to stereo RC

Description Of Issue
After downloading app I could not get it to open. Tried the suggestions: command in Terminal, turning off firewall. Still can not get anything to happen when clicking on Roon in the app center, the icon is no showing up on my desktop. Have to access it from the launch pad.
If we can get Roon to perform I will be a lifetime subscriber.

Hi,

Just wondering if you downloaded Roon or Roon Server? The later is headless, no GUI.

Hi @Larry_Bontekoe,

@Carl raises an excellent question, are you trying to install the “All-in-one” version of Roon or RoonServer? These are two different types of configurations and only the “All-in-one” would contain a user interface, while RoonServer will need to be controlled by a Roon Remote.

Also, I would double check how exactly you have installed the App, you cannot open the .dmg file directly and you will need to drag it over to your Applications folder for Roon to actually be installed. Please see our Installing Roon guide for further information in this regard, all blue links above are click-able. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.