Innuos - In light of uncertified devices statement (21st September 2020)

Hi, in light of uncertified devices statement, could please confirm/clarify that Innuos does fall into the uncertified category and will not work after Sept 21st.

Many thanks

Whaaaaat???!!! Where did you here this Graham? Ah just saw the post from Danny the COO.
H

The roon settings page under the audio tab does not show the pink “uncertified” label for the squeezelite player (Roon experimental mode) so I’d hope it means that Innuos have seen to certification? Any knowledge to the contrary, please post. Sept 21 is coming up so we’ll know shortly.

99% of Innuos owners use Roon in some form so Innuos would be crippled w/o it.

1 Like

I just emailed to Innuos support!
Unbelivable.
I hope after 21st… nothing will changed for us. I’ll write here when there will be news.

Lucaa

Here what Roon support writes me back today, I hope it will help:

2 Likes

I got the same response from Innuos as shown by Lucaa_d.N . It makes sense if there is such a thing as Roon Core Partners but I don’t see any mention of that on the new website. It would be good to hear from Roon that there is such a thing as Roon Core partners and that since the original post here (from danny in Aug 19) that Roon Labs have been checking out Innuos. I agree with the point above that without Roon Innuos would be crippled but aside from that I want my system to work optimally.

2 Likes

Hi thanks for this post. My zenith runs perfectly since I made it a Roon core and endpoint. I wish Innuos and Roon would increase the clarity on both their websites, it is still a bit confusing for newcomers. I still don’t understand why Innuos say:

I only purchased mine when my audiophile dealer told me all would be ok not because of the Innuos website. It’s almost as if Innuos wish to stay agnostic to Roon?

H

1 Like

I’m probably wrong but, a lot of things will come out of the (presumed) darkness when the Innuos application gets light.
(It has been a long time since v.2 was announced and still today Innuos “works” -without Roon- only with “Squeeze”!)

You mean their own Roon-like app?
Cheers
H

Yes. Actually, INNUOS, runs (if you have not installed ROON) with iPeng (for iOS/Apple devices) and/or an old APP with Android, something still releated to “Squeezebox”.
You can also use the Web (add :9000 at the end of the address with your browser) to control Zen/Zenith.
There is no INNUOS APP at the moment and they announced so many times the “upcoming” 2.0 firmware update with their APP but… till today, nothing.

1 Like