Innuos server won’t work with 1.6 update

I have roon on three devices: a windows computer and a chrome cast audio to my old speakers and an innuos zenith SE to. PIr of Kii three speakers. The windows and chromecast work well with the new update, but there is nothing that comes out on the zenith. Roon shows the track playing but nothing comes out. I know it’s not the speakers since they work via optical to my TV. I’ve restarted the sever and also turned it off and on. Nothing works so far. If anyone has any ideas, let me know. Thank you so much.

Hi @Robert_Gries,

Have you made sure to select the correct Zone before selecting the track? I’m not sure what you meant hat no sound cones out of the Zenith, which zone are you trying to play back to and is not working? Or is it all of your zones?

Thanks,
Noris

No sound comes from the speaker. But it isn’t a speaker problem because the speaker works with the TV. I did switch out the usb connection with innuos zenith SE but no change. The other zones do work. I don’t know if it’s a server issue or a room issue. I may just back up the server and reset it to factory settings and see if that works. But the server is my roon core, so I am not sure if I should do that or if it’s possible to reinstall roon.

Hello @Robert_Gries,

Let’s do something else here. Can I ask you to reproduce this issue and let me know the exact local time in your country (ex. 10:24PM) that you experience this behavior? I can go ahead and enable diagnostics mode for your account and take a look under the hood after receiving this information.

Also, what is the model/manufacturer of the speaker that you’re connecting to the Zenith and how is it connected, usb?

Thanks,
Noris

I think I found the problem and I don’t think it’s roon. The USB input on my Kii Control won’t work with my computer either. I placed the server in another room (attached to my old speakers) and it works. Now the problem is I need to set up a new core as now it isn’t recognized - until I get the Kii control fixed or replaced.

Hello @Robert_Gries,

Glad to hear you’ve narrowed down the issue to the USB on the Kii. If you are migrating Roon Cores I would recommend following this guide, as for the Kii hardware issues you may want to contact Kii directly for assistance with that.

Thanks,
Noris

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.