Innuos Zenith Mk.3 not available as a Roon end point

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

MS Surface Pro 4 / Win 10 / 1.7 (667)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Normal Lan

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Innuos Zenith Mk.3 configured as a Roon Player

Description Of Issue

My Innuos Zenith Mk.3 doesn’t show up in Roon as an end point even though I have configured it to behave as an end point

Roon can’t see my PS Audio DirectStream DAC network bridge as a player either

Hi @Chris_Darlington,

I suspect a firewall on the Windows device is blocking Roon.
As a test try switching the firewall off, if that works … then dig deeper into the firewalls configuration to make sure the Roon and RoonServer are in the exceptions list.

hi Carl

Thanks, I’ve managed to connect to the ps audio directstream dac’s bridge 2 and roon thinks its playing to it, but no sound comes out of the dac. Have you seen this issue before?

I’ve seen it reported before for several DACs, when the DAC gets into a “funny” state.
Typically a reboot of the DAC, Endpoint, and Roon Core brings it back, so that’s worth trying.

All solved now. Essentially the Innuos Zenith 3 is acting as a Roon Bridge (rather than showing as an end point) so what I had to do was instead select my PS Audio DirectStream DAC in Roon (which is attached to the Zenith via USB) and then everything is now fine.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.