Installation Codecs

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

NUC i5
ROCK server
Laptop with Windows 10 Pro

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet connection - 1GB

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Have installed ROCK on a NUC and nothing else. Try to install the codecs for Live Radio, but cannot access the ROCK, though its visible in Windows File Explorer. I have enabled SBM v1 protocols on my laptop, read all the information on this website but it doesn’t work.

Would appreciate a solution, as I have signed up for Roon and invested in a NUC and its frustrating that I can’t listen radio stations!

Thanks for your help

Can you share a screen capture? Did you get any error? What does it meen “cannot access”?

I had the same problem and found the solution

please read this:

Thanks, did you only check the SMB 1.0/CFIS-client or also the -server option?

Done of the above and when I want to connect to ROCK is states:
“No access to ROCK” and when I do the diagnosis it tells me that he computer is configured correctly but that ROCK doesn’t respond?

I only checked the client option. Did you also perform part 2 of the installation?

open gpedit.msc
computer configuration > Administrative Templates > Control Panel > Network > Lanman Workstation and there Enable insecure guest logons

So, did I…, but now its working! I have accessed the ROCK via the IP-adres in Windows File Explorer by typing \192.168.xxx. Important are the double backslahes…it took me nearly a day and a 5 min call with a good friend.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.