Installation issues - QNAP TS453-Pro 8GB

You can specify one-way or two-way sync through Hybrid Backup Sync using either RTRR or R-Sync protocols. This can be real-time or scheduled.

Let me se if I get your point.
Browse to my local folders on the NAS. Right ?

I can’t BTW browse to a network share. Have to type either name or ip addresse + folder. And add user and PW.

Yes. For example, here is mine.

“Music” is a regular share on my QNAP. The path is local and will show up in a browse.

Sounds interesting. Is this an app I can find by search the Qnap “store” ?
(I’m not home now, but have remote access)

Yep, just like mine :grinning:

Thanks.

74000 tracks. Impressive.

It’s supplied by QNAP. I think the standard backup can do the same, but it’s some time since I used the old QNAP backup. If you install Hybrid Backup Sync it installs over the top of the built-in app, but is reversible if you want to uninstall.

Looking good. I found the app. Will inveterate more later. I’m in an iPad. Not the best tool for a remote setup. Thanks a lot. And merry Xmas. (God jul)

1 Like

And to you :christmas_tree:

This Hybrid Backup Sync was not as easy at it seems.

I’m sitting on a local PC in my network, and like to have a R2008R2 as master and sync to the NAS.
So far it seems not possible, or probably I have not understood how to do it.

Most syncs is setup as the NAS is the master or source. Or you have two NAS.

When I try to log into my server IP with user and PW it fails.

EDIT:
This may be a general error related to any third party app in qnap trying to access remote (local) folders if you have the very latest firmware installed.

Christopher
After some remote help from China that probably was not so helpful, I have been able to install the latest firmware and the NAS seems to be working properly now. Had to start from scratch again so everything on NAS deleted. Good I don’t trust any NAS for backup solutions :slight_smile:

I’ve made a new case as restoring backup is definitive not working on either the Qnap, nor the SonicTransporter with a new M2 SSD, so I guess this issue should be handled by Roon support.

@crieke
It seems I have a new issue with my Qnap and Roon.

Last night I was struggling to connect my NAS to the my local server and PC’s. There was a lot of new settings to be done in order to allow this.

Now Roon can’t add network share as before. Have you tested if this work OK ? The latest firmware is from 23rd December, and adds all these security issues

I can see form live log something is going on.
I will email you the logs