Installation of Ropieee

I recently purchased a Raspberry PI 4GB with a DAC P1F1 DAC + V. 2.0 with analog stereo output.

My idea is to use it as an endpoint for Roon.

First, I installed the official system - Raspbian. Everything worked fine, with updating the OS via ethernet cable. The system worked fully.

The problem is with Ropieee Installation. I used a second SD card and, through the SD CARD Formatter and, afterwards, BalenaEtcher to transfer the system. The process worked OK. When I put the card in the PI, a color screen appears, and after several programming lines, the installation boots two or three times and always stops at the line that says “Start job is running for wait for Network to be configure (x seconds / no limit). After 2 or 3 boots, the monitor screen is blank, nothing happens and the PI lights are blinking forever.

In another attempt, I formatted the card with the SD CARD Formatter and used the Raspberry PI Imager. The system was installed on the SD card but the result was the same … I was unable to install Ropieee on the PI.

Someone can help in solving this problem.

I recommend to use the RoPieee Beginner’s Guide written by @Nathan_Wilkes.
You do not need to format the SD Card. Don’t forget the latté. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Were you connected to the internet when you started the install?

1 Like

I recently purchased a Raspberry PI 4GB with a DAC P1F1 DAC + V. 2.0 with analog stereo output.

My idea is to use it as an endpoint for Roon.

First, I installed the official system - Raspbian.

Everything worked fine, with updating the OS via ethernet cable. The system worked fully.

After the internet modem, I use the Netgear Nighthawk AC 1900 model R7000 router, which has 4 ports of 1 GB each.

The problem is with Ropieee Installation. I used a second card and, through the SD CARD Formatter and, afterwards, BalenaEtcher to transfer the file “20200317 - ropieeexl-ose_rpi234-stable.bin”. The transfer process to the SD card worked OK.

When I put the card in the PI, a color screen appears, and after several programming lines, the installation boots two or three times and always stops at the line that says “Start job is running for wait for Network to be configure (x seconds / no limit). After 2 or 3 boots, the monitor screen is blank, nothing happens and the PI lights are blinking forever.

In another attempt, I formatted the card with the SD CARD Formatter and used the Raspberry PI Imager. The system was installed on the card but the result was the same … I was unable to install Ropieee on the PI.

I follow all the steps of the “Ropieee – A Beginner’s Guide” but ….

Someone can help in solving this problem.

A couple of things.

Thing #1 - Why are you posting almost the exact same post you posted up above? You only need to post a post once.

Thing #2 - I ask again -

I have just installed Ropieee on a Pi model 2. It took quite a lot longer than I was expecting-nearer 10 mins in all so perhaps it just needs longer to finish the install

You also need to be connected by Ethernet to the internet to be sure of it working first time.

After the internet modem, I use the Netgear Nighthawk AC 1900 model R7000 router, which has 4 ports of 1 GB each.

Couple of things -

Things #1 - Get into your router software (probably by typing either 192.168.0.0. or 192.168.0.1 into your browser). See if there is a wired entry for a device called Ropieee, I think that’s what it’s called I renamed mine to Selene.

Thing #2 - If you can’t do Thing #1 and you have an iOS device, then install the Fing app. That will show all the devices on your network. Look for a device called RoPieee or RoPieeeXL.

Since it seems you’re not connected to the network, you probably won’t find your device, just double checking.

How long how you waited for a connection?

If you’ve waited a long time, then there is something wrong with your network connection. I’ve installed Ropieee twice without any problem, as have many others.

It worked absolutely fine. I was just pointing out to the OP that it took a bit longer to install than I was expecting :slight_smile:

Yes, I understood what you were saying. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like