Installed Convolution Filter and audio stops when it is turned off

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Antipodes CX. OS V2.7
Roon 1.5 528 stable

Antipodes EX OS V2.7
Roon RAAT SDK1.1.37

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet to CX Ethernet to EX

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Antipodes CX to EX via Etherent. then USB to Antipodes P2 and AES out to Dutch an Dutch 8C

Description Of Issue

After installing the convolution filter and doing some listening I wanted to go back to having the filter turned off. When I toggle the filter off in the DSP panel I get no audio.

I have not deleted the endpoint and re-added it yet.

I have rebooted both the CX and the EX.

Hello @Bob_Fairbairn1,

If you enable “Headroom Management” in the DSP settings, are you able to hear audio output when you disable the convolution filter?

-John

Yes, I thought the volume went up but it was the filter off.

Hello @Bob_Fairbairn1,

Your results suggest that the Antipodes P2 is failing to change its bit-depth from 24bits back down to 16bits.

Enabling “Headroom Management” keeps the bit-depth at 24bits regardless of the status of the convolution filter. You could also try using the “Volume Leveling” feature found in the “Zone Settings” screen.

I recommend reaching out to the Antipodes support team with this report, they would be best positioned to determine what is causing this behavior with the P2. They have an inside track with our technical team if needed.

-John

Thanks for the response.

I am getting back to listening. I will keep folks up to date.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.