Installed Roon 1.7, QNAP not recognized

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Installed Roon 1.7 QNAP not recognized

Hi @Edward_Schreiber,

Can you share a screenshot of what you’re seeing?

Can you confirm that all devices have been updated to 1.7?

All devices upgraded to 1.7

Dell computer and Ipad

Also, I noticed there is an app on the QNAP NAS for Roon. I am not computer savvy and I am wondering how to install and use if appropriate.

The last item on the storage tab\NASFEEB4C is the QNAP which was working fine until I updated today😢

Hi @Edward_Schreiber,

This would be for using the QNAP as your Roon Core, and shouldn’t be necessary here.

Can you try rebooting the QNAP and the Core machine? Is there any change after doing so?

I will reboot tonight when I get home from work.

I did unplug the QNAP and I did shut down my Dell yesterday. Then replugged in the QNAP and restarted the computer which is the core. Still only showed Tidal albums, but not my library which is stored on the QNAP.

Hi @Edward_Schreiber,

Are you able to access the path showed in Settings > Storage from File Explorer? If so, can you share a screenshot of this?

Hi Dylan. Sorry for the delay in response. I am not sure where to find what you are asking. i opened the tab for settings on the Roon app. I do not see a tab for “Storage from File Explorer”. Where do I look?

By the way, I can access on my audio set up, through my Ayre QX5 Twenty DAC/server, the QNAP via MControl app which is not ideal at all. So, somewhere in the new Roon1.7/Valence, the connection to the QNAP has been temporarily lost. I can access TIDAL through the Roon app, but not my music library on the QNAP.

Hi Dylan. Issue solved! I had updated the QNAP this past Thursday. Roon was running in the background(1.6). When I updated the QNAP, it required a new password for the NAS. I changed it. Then , I updated Roon to 1.7. Overnight, my computer did an automatic reboot like it always does at 2:00 AM. When I logged back in to everything, Roon could not “see” the QNAP because of the new password. My buddy who works in an audio store figured it out. :+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2:New password and voila! Yay!!

1 Like

Hi @Edward_Schreiber — I’m glad that things are working for you now! Please feel free to reach out if you ever have any other questions or issues. Happy listening :headphones:

Thank you! Will do. Happy listening to you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.