Installing a Nucleus as new Core and a Moon 280D tomorrow

I’m off to bed now, so I’ll check this topic tomorrow. Perhaps some other community member will be taking up the baton whilst I get some sleep… :grinning:

Thanks Geoff! Hope you are sleeping soundly as I type this and much obliged for all your amazing support.

You are exactly right about what happened with the remote apps (Q1), and fortuitously that problem was fixed today by an integrator I was working with for something else. But because of that problem, my iPhone and iPad were set up as Remote Connections before he fixed the problem. So, this awesome integrator guy said to click the Choose New Core button, and as soon as I did, both devices saw the Nucleus and the problem was solved.

Many thanks to all who have helped me through this today! This stuff can be a bit tricky at first, so it’s really great that your support community is so kick ass.

Oh, yeah, the USB drive. Q2. I’ll turn to that next.

See the Android megathread here on the forum. This is a common occurrence for LOTS of people. There is some bug with the mobile clients accessing the Core (at least when the Core is running on Linux). PCs and Macs see it no problem. Roon really needs to figure it out, instead of blaming it on the network. If it was really the network, the PC/Mac clients would have the same troubles finding the Core, and they don’t.

I was under the impression the problem was no where as prevalent when using RoonOS.

I agree there is a connectivity issue with Android, but there isn’t one with iOS, which is what is being used in this instance.

Geoff was absolute correct. The interesting thing is that the network issue had been fixed by the time I reported this yesterday, but the problem persisted because the iPad and iPhone had connected as remote connections when first set up a few weeks ago.

The fix was clicking “Choose a Different Core”, which then directed me to the Nucleus and connected locally.

Well, I wasn’t quite correct, I think. It sounds as though all devices were in the same address space all the time. It’s just that the Roon Remotes on your iPhone and iPad needed to be pointed to the new Core, i.e. the Nucleus. Anyway, glad it’s resolved.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.