Installing Roon

I have downloaded the trial pack to my windows 10 pc and when installed it takes me to a payment page with no links with the only option to go back and I end up with a white screen with your active radar logo on?

if this is a potent of how it works I’m worried

Moved to support.
Try this URL to create an an account.

I have managed the sign up but still only get your logo on a white screen

I’m just a user like yourself. That sounds like a graphics issue. Try updating your graphics card drivers from the manufacturer site not Windows update.

Maybe outline your equipment, PC, Network etc

Hey @Stephen_Marsh we’re sorry for the delay in our response, it certainly was not our intention. We’d be happy to assist you so that you can enjoy Roon!

Were you able to get Roon up and running using the suggestions from our very helpful users?

If not, I would verify that both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe have been added as exceptions to your Windows firewall.

You can use these instructions to add the exceptions and the executables themselves would be located in your Database Location/Application folder path.

I would also add these exceptions to any Antivirus or other Firewall blocking applications you may have and ensure that you connected to your network via a Private network, not a Public one, see this guide for more information.

You can try to update the graphics drivers, as well. We’ve discovered in time that Windows’ automatic updates (that include the graphics drivers) can be unreliable. You can follow these instructions:

• Quit Roon (if open)
  • Restart your Roon Core
  • Uninstall the graphics drivers
  • Navigate to the manufacturer’s website and download the graphics drivers directly from there
  • Install the graphics drivers
  • Launch Roon

Thank you!

Hi Ashley
As i uninstalled Roon when it decided not to find my DACs I have lost my free trial, I was getting to grips with it but the app asked me to find audio devices, clicking on that went to chromecast not the DACs that were there

Im sure if I can start my trial or recommence it i can get it to work now, so could you allow me to download the core again

Are you eligible for the $1 3 months offer ?

Hi Mike
Your web site says no when i log in as i have an account, if you would be so kind as to unblock that then i would be happy to spend a Dollar

Not much I can do for you !! Just mentioning it to you :heart_eyes_cat:

Cherrs i will try in the next 1/2 hour

hi i just went to the site and the offer has disappeared, how about resetting my free 14 day trial?

Hi @Stephen_Marsh

Let’s ping Roon’s @accounts team here – they will gladly extend your trial while you work with the support team.

Thanks please let me know when it’s set up

Hey @Stephen_Marsh thanks so much for your patience while we got that set up for you. We feel it’s only fair that you have another chance to try Roon properly, so we have added an additional 14 days to your trial period. It is now active.

Regarding the Audio device setup issue you were experiencing, are you attempting to connect to these devices over WiFi? If so, could you try a wired connection and see if that helps?

If you’d like further assistance with this issue, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating. We’d be more than happy to help you with this if need be.

Thanks and enjoy!

1 Like

Thanks a bunch

1 Like

hi i have reinstalled and initially Roon found my DACs and played fine. I shut it down and re opened it and now all it can find in audio is Chromecast Mini and the TV in the lounge, how do i get it to find my MQA DACs?

I’d check the firewall exceptions ate still in place.

Thanks I downloaded it again and this time it connected to my PC as the core and that seemed to keep the memory of audio outputs :+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.