Installing RoonServer 1.3 (build 242) on Linux 86_x64 ERROR

Hi,
I’m trying to install Roon Server software (100300242 1.3 (build 242) stable) on Linux (x86_64) machine. Unfortunately receive an error:

./start.sh: line 52: 1926 Segmentation fault “$P” “$@”
./start.sh: line 34: kill: (1926) - No such process
What could I do to install your software successfully?

code root:/opt/RoonServer$ ./check.sh

Checking to see if RoonServer can run on this machine

Checking for Binary Compatibility                            [   OK   ]
Checking for ALSA Libraries                                  [   OK   ]
Checking for ffmpeg or avconv                               which: no avconv in (/usr/local/bin:/tools/ccache/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/tools/bin:/opt/miau/bin)

[ OK ]
Checking for the mount.cifs command [ OK ]
Testing ulimit -n 8192 [ OK ]

(x86_64) root:/opt/RoonServer$ ./start.sh
./start.sh: line 52: 1926 Segmentation fault “$P” “$@”
./start.sh: line 34: kill: (1926) - No such process[/code]

Hey Bernard,

I’ve moved your topic to Support – and let’s flag Roon’s @support team here so it gets proper attention.

Moving forward: can you share a bit more information about your setup (hardware specs of the intended Linux server, distribution/version/kernel version in use, etc.)?

The avconv alert is a bit unusual, but may be a red herring. Do you have avconv of ffmpeg installed?

Hello,

can you share a bit more information about your setup (hardware specs of the intended Linux server, distribution/version/kernel version in use, etc.)?

I try to instal RoonServer on two core Apollo Lake Intel Processor (N3350 @ 1.10GHz x2); 4GB RAM machine.
I use home server Linux software based on LFS (linux from scratch) with Kernel 3.14.79

Do you have avconv of ffmpeg installed?

I have new ffmpeg-3.2.4 installed

Regards,
B

You also need cifs-utils which is not a default part of some flavors of Linux.

Ofcourse I have ‘cifs-utils’ installed.
Please see ‘./check.sh’ result in the first post

Checking for the mount.cifs command                          [   OK   ]

Good. :slight_smile:

Segmentation fault suggests issues with invalid memory access.
See wikipedia: Segmentation fault
Can I change something on my current system or wait for a newer version of RoonServer?

Since you can clealy build an operating system from scratch, the next step is to find what is crashing and where… strace/ltrace/gdb!

Clearly the LinuxFromScratch is missing something or has something incompatible

Since you can clealy build an operating system from scratch, the next step is to find what is crashing and where… strace/ltrace/gdb!

Thanks, I expected the installation to be easy. Maybe I will investigate when I have more free time.
Yesterday I installed on my 86_x64 machine the latest LMS (Logitech Media Server) software and squeezelite player software (on ARM/Debian mini computer) and I am satisfied.
Regards,