Integration of Amazon Music High Resolution

Neil,
I agree. If Amazon wants to integrate with Roon, there is interface work, Amazon to Roon that they would need to do. I suspect that Room gets a regular (daily?) interface from Tidal and Qobuz, sending them metadata dumps, so Roon can attach it to the digital content.
If Amazon would integrate with Roon, I’d try that out immediately, and would think of dropping my Tidal and Qobuz subscriptions.

2 Likes

I’d like this service as well.

Am I correct that no one at Roon has responded to this thread?

1 Like

No, Roon has posted.

1 Like

Oh, ok, thank you! :slight_smile:

have you considered Qobuz?

A post was merged into an existing topic: High resolution audio from Amazon

Any plans for Roon to support Amazon Music HD?

4 Likes

Not that I know of, they would need full Roon integration. You have two other great alternatives offering all the music in the world in high quality.

1 Like

If it’s like other fields in which Amazon has done business, it could easily overwhelm those other services in short time… Still would like Roon to integrate with Amazon Alexa too…

Such integration is not up to Roon alone, it requires Amazon co-operation, as discussed extensively in the thread above.

Replying to Chris’ “all the music in the world” quote. I listen mostly to rock and some classical and jazz. I was with Tidal for about 8 months. It was fine through Roon as an extension of my existing owned music but worthless on it’s own if you aren’t into hip-hop/rap. Everything is slanted so heavily towards those genre’s. Yes, they do have ways to customize this, a little, but nothing like Spotify or most other services. I thought Tidal’s discovery and playlists were really poor and limited compared to other services.

I was excited for Qobuz and signed up for a trial in December 2019. I couldn’t find a way to search their catalog without signing up, if there is, please let me know. I installed the app and was 0 for 5 in terms of my first band searches. There were 0 Metallica albums (they have since added a few as I found out because I’m on their email list still) and under their discovery features, they essentially dumped all rock and pop together into one list (maybe two, I might be off a bit here).

If you use Roon, there are probably 50 or more (maybe even into the 100’s) of subgenre’s just under what Qobuz would lump into a single rock category as “rock.” I’m assuming that this is the case for other types of music as well.

This is why I keep hoping for Amazon HD or maybe a future Spotify HD so that I can get a decent in-car music experience and extend it to Roon as well.

3 Likes

26 posts were split to a new topic: Tidal slanted towards certain music types

I listen to a lot of 70’s, some 80’s, jazz and classical and find plenty on Tidal. I have zero interest in hip hop or rap.

2 Likes

I really hope ROON will integrate Amazon HR streaming soon. Tidal and Qobuz are not available where I live. If the integration won’t happen / fails it might be a reason for me not to become a long-term ROON customer.

8 Likes

Once again, as has been repeated ad infinitum, the ball isn’t in Roon’s court.

It is up to Amazon whether a Roon integration happens, so instead of threatening Roon with loss of your patronage, you would be better served by lobbying Amazon.

Still, don’t hold out hope that the integration will happen.

3 Likes

He wasn’t threatening anything, he was just making a valid point based on service availability.

Welcome aboard Volker_Leander!

4 Likes

It is a veiled threat.

The OP is telling Roon that if it doesn’t take a course of action, then he might be unable to reward them with his money.

If it wasn’t meant that way, then what was the point of including it in the original post?

Without this statement -

His post would have still made the point that he would like Amazon integration.
As in -

Still, who cares whether it was a threat or not? That wasn’t the point of my post.

1 Like

Dear Tony,
thanks for your welcome!

@xxx: Interpreting my opinion as a threat, well…is your opinion - so be it.

I can only speak for myself and I am currently switching from a 14-days test to a 1-year Roon membership - and I like what I see. Beside all the cross references and additional music related information, I am especially impressed with the technical “flow” from file to endpoint. Nice.

BUT

Roon is neither a holy grail nor a charity - it is a product coming with a business model integration, specifically catering audiophile people; hence Roon decided to integrate high quality audio streaming via two companies - so far.

Every user of a product like Roon will have some specific reason to use the software and its business model representation. As Roon is leaning towards audiophile people it bears some kind of logic to expand the high res audio streaming integration towards the “new kid on the block”. (I am aware that there might be tons of contractual and technical issues involved)

Some users will have the choice which of those offered streaming services to use - others not, due to their geo-location. As I am belonging to the second group I’ll definitely watch what will happen within this year of MY Roon membership concerning the high res audio streaming possibilities, because I do not base my “buying decisions” on hope - but on simple facts and/or availability.

@xxx: you made a good point by saying:

I will.

Best,
Volker

5 Likes

…forgot to mention that I would love to read some kind of statement / feedback about this topic from Roon - I am searching in this nice forum already, but somehow I do not find such info written in recent time…

Best,
Volker

1 Like

Just scroll up.

2 Likes