Integration of Amazon Music High Resolution

That Tidal doesn’t ram Jay-Z and hip hop down people’s throats, obviously.

4 Likes

I never see it, especially with 1.7
I get recommendations just for me based on my library. There are so many ways to go right to the music you love

Spot the Hip Hop

For you …

@PatMaddox See above, around post 405. Roon requires a daily supply of data, so it can’t work without an agreement of some sort.

I can’t stand hip-hop. No hiphop whatsoever in my (Tidal) recommendation list.

2 Likes

What decision? I think Roon would probably be happy to integrate with Amazon if they could/would provide the data. The issue is probably one of trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. Of course, there are probably other business considerations that need resolution.

Could we possible stop saying this?

Roon has not insisted that major streaming providers accommodate them… I have never said that, Roon have never said that…

You are misrepresenting the situation. I don’t believe that Roon has ever tried to insist that any streaming service provider must accommodate them. What is required is that both sides work together, it is not simply up to one party.

1 Like

They have said the need some sort of daily data dump vs the normal api most services offer. If the provider is unwilling to do this they won’t integrate. They do not simply want to pass thru the streaming service. I’d imagine now with Valence it’s even more important to get that data dump.

If the roon team is keen to get Amazon Music HD added and are willing to support, then they can encourage their customers/supporters to put pressure on Amazon and request Amazon support for roon. Knowing the Amazon Music HD team, I have already done so and encourage everyone else to do so too via email, Twitter etc. Without vocalizing clear demand on both sides it won’t happen.

1 Like

Danny has indeed already done this, several times in this very thread…

1 Like

Cool, more voices surely helps.

I bought a lifetime subscription to Roon 1 year ago. As a whole I like the structure and version 1.7 is even better. I just canceled my Tidal subscription and will be subscribing to Amazon Music HD. Unfortunately, that means I will no longer use Roon until they can incorporate Amazon Music HD into their ecosystem. I certainly hope they do that because it means I would get value for the money I paid for Roon rather than having to “put it on the shelf”. I believe that Amazon will be in hi def audio for the long haul and Tidal will not be. If Amazon and Roon work a deal, I believe that Roon will also be in it for the long haul. I will keep my eyes open on this forum to see if Roon will eventually work with the major players like Amazon and will be happy to start using it again as the interface for my music.

2 Likes

How is anyone getting Amazon HD to work properly? Have they enabled exclusive mode on the desktop version to automatically change the rate? Is there a way to control it remotely?

I don’t see how Amazon HD is currently an alternative to roon w/Qobuz or Tidal in a home setup.

And I can’t even get their mobile software to work right out of iPhone w/camera connector. It still upsamples everything to 24/192.

1 Like

Why don’t you get a Qobuz subscription? Then you could still use Roon which has a vastly better interface, not to mention a good remote app. Qobuz have lowered their prices in the US, I am sure other countries will follow. Even as it is it is great value. You’ve nothing to lose in getting a free trial. Sad to write off your Roon sub. I couldn’t use Amazon HD if it was free.

1 Like

Qobuz is now $14.99 per month or $149.99 per year. That’s equivalent to $12.50 per month and it works with Roon.

1998? Wow. I’ll bet it comes with a clip-coupon for free stamps. Twitter is the way now, Grampy!

:wink:

1 Like

Hey, I’ve still got a Ray-O-Vac flashlight I got by redeeming Green Stamps!

But, really, I thought it was the “book” you might object to! Wozzat!

1 Like

Might do that. It would depend on the number of simultaneous streams that are available. I have others in the household that want to listen. Thanks for the suggestion.

Hey guys. Any news on this? Still love Roon and understand that these things don’t happen overnight but would love an update on wether there is any progress.