Integration of Amazon Music High Resolution

What do you mean by non compatibility with Bluesound?
As far as I know it’s spot on with Amazon streaming and one of the few options out there that delivers the correct output…

Can you elaborate?

Thanks!

Bluesound has it if you want it.

I’m not sure that it works that way? But regardless, Tidal’s per-play payout to the artists you do like/prefer is certainly competitive, and better-than-most other streaming services, so a Tidal subscription probably supports the artists you do like more than almost any other one does… I believe Qobuz pays out even higher. Last time I looked, I think Amazon was very near the bottom/lowest in terms of supporting the artists you do like with per-stream payouts… “TIFWIW”.

2 Likes

@Tony_Rixon
Amazon HD is not compatible with Bluesound. When you play Amazon Music HD with Bluesound you cannot add song to BluOS playlist or Amazon Playlist. That option is simply not there which makes it’s useless. You cannot create playlist, go to album etc like you can for Tidal and Qobuz. This is a known issue and each party blames the other for not sharing code. We’ve still got ways for this solution to mature.

1 Like

Seems trying to make Amazon work with anything right now is a real pain.

I also looked up streaming payouts. I didn’t see Qobuz mentioned but Amazon was toward bottom list but above YouTube. The way the whole payout works was above my head.

So seems if you care about artist pay and want company that actually caters to audiophiles, Qobuz and Tidal are much better choices.

1 Like

Exactly. And no Echo device comes anywhere near taking advantage of that format. So they have to be thinking past their own devices.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: High resolution audio from Amazon

Hmmm…
I would politely suggest that your definition of compatible is somewhat different to how most would interpret it.

But thank you for your explanation.

For what it’s worth, probably not much, I don’t do playlist. I add albums only and listen to albums only. If I get tired of it before it is over, I switch to another album.

2 Likes

+1 …Please add.

And yet not listed in About, The Team

Can someone post a link or two for where this information is presented with current info – I had a link circa 2018.

Thanks!

Blockquote Can someone post a link or two for where this information is presented with current info – I had a link circa 2018.

Here’s a link from about a month ago from a site/source I’ve been kind of liking/following for a while now, FWIW:

Amazon’s payout seems to change pretty drastically based on whether you’re on a “free with Prime” account or an “unlimited music” account.

1 Like

In the absence of Roon for mobile (out of the house) streaming one also has to consider the data plans of mobile users. my Teloco provides Spotify and Tidal and AppleMusic plans that allow for unlimited data for those ads if you sign up thru their phone plans.

It’s not just about what you stream into your home that you need to take into account.

Ditto what Julian has said! I listen a lot to TIDAL on Roon but I listen to Amazon Music when not using Roon. I’m a Prime member so will definitely upgrade to Amazon Music HD. Integrating Amazon HD with Roon would save me $20 bucks a month!! PLEASE Roon Leaders, help me out here!!

2 Likes

I have had a subscription to Tidal for a while, and after snagging a Roon Nucleus Plus server a few months ago, added a Qobuz subscription (after struggling with and giving up on their Windows app). Using this setup for a few months, I found that all the music I liked to stream was available on both Tidal and Qobuz, with the sound quality of Qobuz equal if not slightly better, so I dropped Tidal.

Should Roon be able to integrate Amazon Music HD, I would happily try that out! I sent an email to my nephew, who doesn’t work in that part of Amazon, but has been in management at Amazon since he graduated from college several years ago.

I totally agree 100%

+1 for integration

One more vote for integration! Let us help make it happen.

1 Like

You want that you need to go shout in Amazon’s ear.

1 Like