Intel NUC and ROCK Question

Roon Core Machine

MacBook Pro 2019, 1.7ghz Quad Core, Intel i7, 16GB Ram

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Cambridge Audio CXN v2, connected via Ethernet, no VPN

1. Who is your internet service provider? Xfinity(Comcast)

2. Please list the make and model of your modem and router? Xfinity Modem, Eero 6 Router

3. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches? Netgear Switches 6 outlets

4. Does your network have any VPNs, proxy servers, or enterprise-grade security? n/a

Connected Audio Devices

Ethernet Cable under house, 50ft

Description of Issue -

What is the exact port forwarding error message you see in the Roon Settings → ARC tab?

No issues, but I wish to release my computer as my Roon Core, and dedicate my music database of 18,000 songs to an Intel NUC and install Roon Rock. This seems to be many peoples’ recommendation. Currently, I cannot justify the Roon Nucleus.

My question is as follows: Which NUC do I buy? and which accessories do I get for it, and finally, where does one buy these things via one stop shopping. I know there is literature on Roon Knowledge base on how to install Roon Rock, etc. I need to know what to buy and where to buy it? Thanks, Robert

Take a look at this post.

Kind regards,

Maarten.

You would count as a small library but what do you intend to add in the future

The i3 from the link above will be fine. You may wish to futureproof and go i7. The M.2 SSD will be 256 you cant buy smaller these days you will use a minor part say 5% but no worries.

Use 16 Gb RAM you can never have enough RAM

Choose the NUC that allows an internal drive. You can add 2tb HDD or up 8 Tb SSD

my library is 130k tracks i went 10i7, 32 gb RAM, 256 SSD system 4tb SSD files

NUC GEN11 will not yet run ROCK.

You’ll need a NUC with a tall case if you want to install a 2nd drive.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.