Intel NUC, connect to data folder issue

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Serial #94C69117401C

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Hard wired to Optus Modem / NBN

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Schiit via USB

Description Of Issue

I Have installed the operating system onto a NUC (the NUC is listed as an authorised unit on the Roon site), I can see the ROCK on my local network via my win10 pc, I have enabled sharing and enabled SMB1 but I can not access the data folder so I can install the codecs required, I was originally prompted for a password but now I just get an error message “network Error”

Hi @Peter_Black

Are you able to access the Web UI?

Can you try using the IP address of the device to connect instead of ROCK?

If you’re still seeing issues, can you share a screenshot of what you’re seeing when you enter this into File Explorer?

So basically my friend who is a Microsoft engineer had to hack into the registry and find a back door that windows 7 use to have, once he opened up I could successfully import the ffmpeg-release-i686-static file into the codec folder, I do not think that the software is windows 10 compliant unless you really know your windows software as it certainly was not as easy as the instructions lead to believe. I have the NUC working and I can connect my phone as a remote device but nothing else shows up in devices connected to the core??

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.