Intermittent Connection loss with audio device

Core Machine
HP Proliant DL380 G7
Dual Intel Xeon Processor X5680 (3.33 GHz, 12MB L3 Cache, 130 W, DDR3-1333, HT, Turbo1/1/1/1/2/2)
16 GB Ram
Ubuntu 20.04

Network Details
In my man cave:
Ubiquiti Unifi Dream Machine Pro (UDM)
Ubiquiti Unifi AP Lite ethernet connected to UDM
Ubuntu Server running roonserver ethernet connected to UDM
TP-Link CPE210 to TP-Link CPE210 point to point link from man cave to house (300 Mbps)
Client end (house) TP-Link into Sonos Bridge.

Audio Devices
Man Cave :

• Primary device is Nativ Vita (wifi) - 5 metres from endpoint that is ethernet connected to UDM
  • Desktop PC (ethernet to UDM)

House :

• 2 x ZP80 wifi/sonosnet to Sonos Bridge
  • 1 x S5 wifi/sonosnet to Sonos Bridge

Library Size
5,500 Tracks

Description of Issue
My main concern is losing connection intermittently with my main listening device, a Nativ Vita in my man cave.
I am experiencing the same problem with all other devices, but I am hoping if I resolve this it will also solve the other problems. That said, I accept this is wishful thinking give the different network segments involved.
The Nativ Vita is 5 metres away from the AP.
This happens both on local music and Qobuz.

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Michael

The weak spot should be the house-to-cave part. Any chance to measure the throughput of this TP-link gear? What distance is it and is there a free line of sight?

Thanks, Bernd.The TPLink link is pretty solid, I can stream 4k video over it for hours without a hiccup. But it’s also irrelevant. the man cave is the hub of the network and where I do my listening. Internet comes into the cave and straight into the UDM. From there into the AP, 5 meters across the room to the Nativ Vita.
Michael

Hello @Michael_de_Koning,

Thank you for taking the time to share details about your setup and describe the parameters of the intermittent connections to your device.

To help, I’ve looped in our technical team and they will get back to you next week, as support is closed Saturday and Sunday.

in the meantime, I was wondering if you are familiar with this:

It’s been helpful to many of us :nerd_face:

Hi @Michael_de_Koning

Are you able to connect the Vita via Ethernet? That’s often much more reliable than WiFi and would be a great test here.

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.