Intermittent connection to Roon using Samsung A41 phone

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

NUC i3

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Asus router going to Cisco switch

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

dCS Rissini connected on ethernet

Description Of Issue

(All other devices connect without fail. Windows machines and Samsung tablet. it is only the A41 with the issue) I have changed my phone from an LG G5 to a Samsung A41. The LG would connect every time, but the A41 is very intermittent. If I kill the app on the A41 it will sometimes connect on restart of the Roon app, but not always. If I turn off WIFI on the A41 and then back on, it usually then connects. The issue has to be on the phone, but can’t find any setting to change to get consistent connection to Roon core. Any ideas? Thanks.

PS. Just tried on my wife’s Samsung A40 and that has the same issue, except that this won’t connect at all.

I’ve got an A40 and it works fine. It’s actually a work phone so a managed device, which normally means it’s worse at connectivity at home.

Hello @Andrew_Bennett, and thanks for your report! Next time you try to connect to your core, could you tap the “help” option and try entering the core’s IP address to see if you can make a connection? Also, is your switch managed?

I tried that, but didn’t work. Since posting this I have restarted the Roon process and it is now connecting on both phones. Coincidence? Don’t know. Let’s see how it goes… The switch is a managed switch. Cisco SG250.

1 Like

Hello @Andrew_Bennett, let me know if the issue returns. I’d like to try bypassing the switch to see if we can narrow down the issue.

All working fine since restarting the Roon process on the NUC. Let’s hope that is all it needed.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.