Intermittent Issue with Roon Initialization on 2018 Mac Mini with OS 13.5.1 (ref#HPLL9X)

What’s happening?

· Something else

How can we help?

· None of the above

Other options

· My Roon software won't start up

Describe the issue

Roon intermittently fails to run. Message on screen is “Roon failed to initialize on your device “ I have tried restarting but that does not help. I am running Roon on a 2018 Mac Mini using OS 13.5.1. This is an intermittent issue which started today.

Describe your network setup

NETGEAR Orbi Rbr40 Modem + 3 satellites

What’s happening?

· Something else

How can we help?

· None of the above

Other options

· My Roon software won't start up

Describe the issue

Message on window is Failed to initialize Audio Device.

Describe your network setup

See previous

Hello @Preston_Burke ,

Thanks for your message. I activated diagnostics and I see that you are trying to play to a grouped zone. Can you confirm, do you experience the same issue when playing to the zones individually, and not in a group? It also looks like you are trying to play a internet radio station, and it is displaying errors, it is possible that there is an issue with the connection to the radio station server, so I would confirm if other types of content exhibit the issue as well.

I now find that I can open Roon if I don not open my
iphone and ipad until after Roon is open on
my Mac mini. I have not experienced this before
so I am perplexed as to why. as to the radio station I have not experienced the issue since I closed it out.
Thank you for your timely response. I appreciate
the service.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.