Intermittent skipping to the next track

Hello,

I’m experiencing the same issue with intermittent skipping to the next track. My use case is the core running on an iMac which is connected via wire to my network. The iMac is running 12 gig of memory with probably 30 to 40% available.

I am listening to a track streaming from Qobuz to a chromecast based endpoint and using my iPad Pro as a control device.

I’ve listen to approximately 50 to 70 tracks today and can recall this happening at least twice maybe three times. In one case in particular I restarted the track and was able to see that it did complete successfully to the end and then skip to the next track within five minutes of time.

I’ve never experienced this in version 1.6. I’m happy to provide any additional information that will help you to isolate and troubleshoot what this issue is.

Thanks, Phil

Hi @PhilG,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Please also verify the following:

• Does this always happen with the same tracks, or do tracks that skip play to completion the next time you try?
  • What are your network’s download speeds?
  • Does the same behavior occur if you play to System Output of the Core with no DSP in use?

Hey @PhilG,

We just released Build 505 with some changes that we think will help here. Can you give it a shot and let us know how it goes?

More details are here:

Thanks!

Hi Mike, @dylan

I would be happy to check it out and report back.

I think logging out and back into Qobuz and Tidal which I did yesterday definitely helped.

Thanks for the Great Support!

Thanks, Phil

Mike, @dylan I forgot to ask was this update/build 505 just for the core? I’m not seeing a similar update for iOS which I think needs larger font.

Thanks, Phil

Hi @PhilG,

We’ve submitted the Build 505 update to the App Store which will be available as soon as it’s approved.

Hi Dylan,

I’m not getting any skipping when streaming either Qobuz or Tidal. I think it stopped skipping when I logged out and back in to both services.

Any way to minimize the pointer / icon on the Windows 10 Roon app. (see below picture). I’m not seeing it displayed in the picture? It’s the big hand from the early Macintosh days lol.

Interestingly I was also having an issue where when viewing history on the Windows client it was empty until I reloaded the app. Not see that behavior now.

Great work by the entire Roon team!

Thanks, Phil

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.