Internal digital outputs vanish

I have a pc where
JRiver works fine on it, but Roon doesn’t see any of the internal Digital Devices? When the pc boots up for about 30 seconds I see the internal digital outputs and in 30 seconds or less they vanish from the audio setup. The network devices remain.

Roon does see the network devices attached to the network.

When it boots up we see the devices and then they disappear.

Hi Neal,

Can you provide details of your system as per the template for new Support posts ? Please also describe the internal digital outputs that turn “Cheshire Cat”. That will help Support staff investigate this behaviour.

Hi @Neal_Van_Berg,

As Andrew mentioned, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

If you temporarily disable the firewall on your Core machine is there any change here?

Hi Andrew and Dylan, thank for your reply’s.

Hardware specs.
Processor i5-8600@3.1 GHZ
16 GB Ram
64 bit OS
windows 10
Broadcom 891.11ac Network adapter
Intel Ethernet Connection (7) 1219-V
I am using a Pink Faun SPDIF card that is working in JRiver.
It is a Wasapi device.
What is astonishing is that When the PC boots and I go into Roon I can see the internal card.
As soon as I try to do anything even a print screen, the internal device vanish from Roon.
The 2 network device remain which is an Apple TV and his Yamaha Surround receiver.

Neal

Hi @Neal_Van_Berg,

Thanks for the details.

If you disable the firewall on your Core machine temporarily is there any change?

Can you confirm that the drivers are fully up to date for the internal device?

I turned off the firewall with no additional bennefit.
This is the screen after rebooting

This is the same screen after about 30 seconds with no input from me.

???

Thanks for the screenshots, @Neal_Van_Berg.

Moving forward, I was hoping for now you could use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link. We will need logs from your Core machine.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.