Internet Radio FLAC Stations Swap Meet

And then it stopped.

Strange. Other stations seem to work fine

Thanks for this list - trying a few out. If only bbc 6 music would do it I’d be set!

Haven’t added stations for ages - this has really reminded me how overdue internet radio is for an overhaul.

Enjoying Intense Radio. Sounds great.

Came across this website list when looking for more. Not sure if it’s been posted before or is current, or maybe they’re all here already.
http://radiobit.50webs.com

Have noticed my processing speed is crushed with FLAC radio streaming.
I have convolution, and a few PEQ but it’s generally always running at around 40-50x for Redbook and Tidal which is most of my library. Normal high quality radio starts around 30x and creeps up to 40x+ over time…
Streaming FLAC radio through the same DSP setup it’s only around 1-2x. Although it sometimes crept up nearer 8x after it’s been playing a while on Absolute. Intense is stuck right down at 1.2x though. Anyone else see similar?

Yes, v1.5 appears to be doing ‘more work’, perhaps caching ahead though it never seems to ‘finish’. My CPU is tracking the same as yours. I think the quality of sound of all streams went up. I hear noticeably better sound staging, separation, etc.

I am having the same issue with jb radio2…it keeps coming in and out. Was going to post something this morning. I guess it’s not me.

JB Radio is working beautifully for me this morning. For those who have tried all the links posted in the OP, are any classical or jazz? Thank you

1 Like

http://rondo.iradio.fi:8000/klasupro.flac

1 Like

Excellent! Thank you!

Nice thanks

Both of the Rondo Classic Klasu links seem to be dead. Too bad, as this was high-quality classical music.

Actually I wonder how any of these sites can stay up without advertising or subscription fees if they don’t pay the music rights’ owners any royalties. Seems like recording industry lawyers would try to shut them down.

Deja vu - FLAC streaming is like Napster all over again.

2 Likes

Love the list, but could genre be added next to the name? Looking for Classical options.

That’s the FLAC stream, after it has decoded by FLAC decoder, the resulted stream is equivalent to a PCM stream. FLAC has an effective compression ratio of ~1.7x.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Signal path query

The name links to the station website which contains any genre information that is available. Some are determined to be unclassifiable (440 Hz). Others are very strict (AI Radio, video game soundtracks). The only Classical stations were the pair of Rondo stations in Finland, both of which have now stopped broadcasting.

If you like FLAC Internet Radio and want to encourage the stations to continue with it, then as many people as possible should contact them and tell them.

1 Like

Andy
Many thanks for this.JB 2 Radio has great content and sounds very good. Just got into high res radio…so this is much appreciated.
Regards Richard

I am loving JB2 radio !

Agreed- i wrote JB today to compliment them on their eclectic mix of music AND their .flac streaming. I hope they are successful!

Cheers,
Hans

1 Like

Followed your lead and did the same. Whatever we can do to make them succeed …

Rondo. Classic is back up!

Classic is still down for me, but Classic Pro is back up.