Internet Radio Issues on Nucleus

System: Screen Shot 2021-01-10 at 13.11.24

Hello

I am experiencing Internet Radio issues using my Nucleus. Please see screenshots attached.

All devices are up to date. However, a notification has popped up. Please see this screenshot.

I have tried several Internet Radio Stations, all with the same result.

Music stored on the Nucleus SSD is not affected and is working normally.

My Streaming DAC is working normally, which includes it’s Internet Radio.

I have rebooted the Nucleus (Turned off the unit from the back, left for two minutes, then turned back on) but the issue still continues.

Please can you help with this issue.

Best wishes.

Can you add information on your internal network, Router, wifi vs ethernet.

I’m playing radio stations now to verify its working for me. I did see the No Play Options, Station Unavailable, Station no longer exists with one selection. Checked a few others then back to the one that was missing and it was working again.

Hi Mike

Sky Router > AudioQuest Ethernet cable to TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-Port Unmanaged Desktop Gigabit
Ethernet Switch > AudioQuest Ethernet cable to Roon Nucleus and dCS Bartók Streaming DAC.

Roon is up to date on all devices, but still shows the notification re software update?

iPad, iMac and Samsung S20 on WiFi.

Regards
David

I’ve been getting the same thing today, for some reason Radio Paradise and 6Music have been showing as ‘no longer existing’ on the live radio page but do play if I start them via the history.

Thanks Chris…

I have a dCSBartók, Streaming DAC which has Internet Radio facility. Absolutely no issues playing Internet Radio stations.

Just back home from a walk, tried Roon Internet Radio and got this display.

Hi David, sorry for the delay getting back. Had to take a 3 hour nap after my early morning run to the grocery store. Trying to stay safe while providing the family.

I asked for the Network info thinking support would probably ask for it when they get to your point in the ticket queue.

So 3 of us so far with @Lebowski experiencing the issue this morning. Guess that could indicate an issue on Roons end. Don’t know.

I left the Radio Paradise Mellow Mix playing while I was resting. It’s the one I had the issue with earlier but has been playing without interruption since then.

Any change after the last 3 hours?

I bought a Nucleus, which has a wired connection to a Teac NT-505, and I am also having problems starting up radio channels. I often get the message that the radio station no longer exists or is temporarily unavailable. After a few tries it works well again, but it is very annoying. When I ran Roon on the PC (2 days ago) this problem was not there. It looks like a nucleus problem. Rebooting does not help. I operate Roon with the iPad (OS14) or with an android phone, it happens in both cases.

Oh it wasn’t just today, happens intermittently, today has just been particularly bad.

Today also seems to be very slow with the squid appearing for extended periods whenever I try and start or search for something.

I don’t have a nucleus but it is a ROCK so same OS etc.

That is exactly what I have. Give it half a dozen goes, and it works…just!

Hi Mike…No change. Took these screenshots at 00.45 Monday 11th.

It is not the Radio Stations, as I have tried several. My dCS Bartók, Streaming DAC, plays the said Internet Radio Stations flawlessly.

I would perhaps suggest you check and post your DNS setting in your router or NUC/ROCK GUI page

I have a Sky Hub Router, and I understand the DNS setting are not adjustable. Not sure if that is true?

I am not savvy enough to start changing any settings within the router.

NOT dynamic DNS that is a different thing altogether

the WAN and LAN DNS settings and sometimes also under the DHCP settings maybe where your DNS servers are shown/defined

It should also show something in the Nucleus web GUI.

Hello @DJM, and thanks for your report! To get rid of the metadata improver error you posted earlier in this thread, a reboot should resolve it. Regarding the internet radio issue, I’m able to play radio through Roon on my Nucleus at the moment. Were you able to change DNS?

Hi…Not sure how to do that. I have a Sky Hub, Router, with limited settings.
Are you able to tell me how to access DNS settings please? See attached screenshot.

@DJM did you miss this? Suggest failing the info I gave you contact your ISP, but do post the Web GUI page of the Nucleus. This will give us some idea of what your router is dishing out DHCP/DNW wise.

I’ve been experiencing the same false positive error of stations either no longer existing or no play options. Retrying several times and 9 out of 10 work fine.

No changes to dns servers here in many months. I’ve had very few if any problems with internet radio play until the past few days.

FWIW using Cloudflare DNS. Windows 10 core, not Nucleus

1 Like

Yes I agree Larry…If I click on play several times it will eventually work. It’s almost like a TV remote control, where the batteries need replacing. Sometimes it works, but requires several clicks for the channel to change.

Yes I did see it. I apologise if my screenshot gave the impression I was relating to Dynamic DNS. I meant to show the various settings within my Sky Router.

One screenshot of WAN settings within the Sky Router.

Two screenshots of LAN settings within the Sky Router.

One screenshot of my Nucleus Web GUI, taken this morning.

@Larry_Post comment above, is exactly what is happening to me.

I hope this is more helpful. Thank you for your help. :+1: