Internet Radio Keeps stopping

A wondering if there was any news on this?

Problem persist… Internet radio almost unusable.

I’ve still been having the same issue

1 Like

Just experimenting here and it seems radio stream doesn’t stop when upsampling is off. Sound is time to time interrupted, but after a second plays on.

Hey @bevan_court & @Pavel_Tesar,

I checked with the team on this, and we currently have a ticket open with the development team to track the behavior that’s been reported here. I cannot give any specific timeframes at the moment, but I can promise you that as new information becomes available I will let you all know here.

Thank you,
Dylan

I do find it still stops on FLAC stations as well and even volume levelling can cause it to stop

@support I too am having this issue but I have managed to play Absolute Radio (70’s) for more than an hour before it stops. I only use a SonicTransporter i7/HQPe setup. I have a wired gigabit connection with music on a separate switch. I have no issues with Tidal or local files playback. I have tried connecting the ultraRendu to the switch and the i7 but there is no difference. I emailed @agillis today since I wasn’t sure where the problem lies as he has always been so kind to help figure out an issue. I am glad to have been directed to this thread and will be glad to help get this resolved :wink:

Robin

I did raised this issue in another thread

Roon doesn’t have an auto-retry feature when the internet stream is interrupted and will stop. Most software like JRiver already have this feature baked in long time ago.

Basically it is useless to play internet radio in Roon if one experience this kind of interruption. So until they add the auto retry feature you have to keep pressing the playback button if you don’t mind doing that.

1 Like

Hi,
I also seem to be suffering from this malady, but only the stations from “jazzradio.com” streams.
I hope that there is a solution soon!

I am seeing simillar problems also. For me it seems that radio stations that are closer geographically are fine, for those that are hosted in other countries the drop-outs occur after a couple of minutes.

Well it was horrible today. I gave up after 5 restarts. JB Radio 2 will play all day so it has to be something specific to Absolute Radio

@dylan

Any news on when this will be resolved?

1 Like

Hey @bevan_court,

I checked in with the team on this today. I don’t have an exact timeline on this, but I can assure you this is still with the development team and on our radar. As soon as there is new info on this available I will be sure to update you here.

Thanks,
Dylan

2 Likes

So I’m happily listening to absolute radio in FLAC after the last update, seems to be working ok, though I do get the occasional stutter, that may be the network

Long long time ago I pointed to a problem with stoppages while streaming JazzRadio @ 320 kb/s. By then the post has been sadly ignored by Roon stuff.

A post was split to a new topic: Trouble with internet radio station

I’ve been experiencing some Internet Radio stoppages also. While Roon is subject to the Internet and network environment of the user an auto retry feature referred to by Guy (@MusicFidelity) above sounds like a good idea. Would a longer buffer help ?

A post was split to a new topic: Trouble with Absolute Radio station

A post was split to a new topic: Trouble playing Internet Radio stations

I am having the same problem with JazzRadio.com. Have you been able to fix this? I have JazzRadio.com on my Bose system with the same copy and paste of the url and I get no problems on that end