Internet Radio not working Today 29/12/2019

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

QNAP TVS471 1.7 build 511 IPad Pro control.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

WIred cat 5 BT Modem (Re Booted) basic switches.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Cat 5 e Meridian 218 MS 2oo and Bluesound Pulse mini

Problem
This is a new problem, things worked well yesterday.
Trying to play internet Radio via BBC and get this. Not only on BBC stations.

I can successfully stream Tidal content.
I have rebooted the core and Roon seems to be working normally

The MQA live stream test station plays fine. This is a Flac stream
JB Radio-2 Works as well from Canada.
I am in the UK

I can receive and play BBC Stations via BluOS

Works ok for me Chris.

PS probably best not to listen to the cricket today…

Indeed not. Back to AM then :joy:

Are you in the UK?

1. Yes I am.
  2. I can’t get Radio 4 LW working. Can you?

Nope, I get the same error message on BBC, Virgin and others I’ve tried. Meanwhile JB Radio-2 plays beautifully. I’m using the 96/16 stream now to save down conversations

Sort of got my Radio 4 LW sorted. I had to delete my copy in My Live Radio (which wouldn’t work at first - I had to select another as well, and delete the two of them). I can now play the non-uk stream, but not the UK stream.

Thanks for that Brian, so it suggests there is an issue somewhere in the bowls of Roon

Have now fixed my LW region problem. The feed was down as UK only - should have been GB only. Edited accordingly and can now listen to the UK feed.

Virgin ok for me. I think it might be your system after all…

I have tried many BBC stations and others, all not working. And as I say, JBL Radio 2 works great. Roon also works as normal in other respects, I’m puzzled but enjoying what I am hearing now. Listened to BBC Radio 2 a lot yesterday without issue and nothing has been changed in my system.

I’ll just have to wait for a Roon response or see if it clears up.

Are these stations in your library? Have you tried deleting one and then searching for it anew and listening?

1 Like

Not tried that yet, but will later of problem persists.

Just removed and re added BBC Radio 2 and it still won’t play.

Also just re booted my BT internet modem with no result. JB Radio 2 still sounding good.

Result, I have re booted my core a second time and all seems to be ok again. Not sure what happens there but it seems solved now.
Thanks for the help Brian. Appreciate…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.