Networking Gear & Setup Details

AVM FRITZ!Box 7590 latest OS
Connection via WiFi

Connected Audio Devices

Naim NDX 2

Number of Tracks in Library

16.000 tracks

Description of Issue

No track is played completely after 50 - 180 seconds the stream stops and must be restarted.
No issues with older versions therefore my question is if there’s a chance to downgrade core version and remote version.

Already checked without success complete deinstallation of core-App on the iMac and reinstallation as well as reinstall of the Roon remote on the iPad.

Access via NAIM App on identical media library is running smooth without breaks in transmission.

Looking forward to Your help
Best regards
Frank

Does this happen if your Core is hardwired directly to your router?

With the Fritzbox routers, as stated in Networking Best Practices, “FRITZ OS 7
The FRITZ OS 7 update includes a feature called “Software Packet Acceleration”. We recommend disabling this setting from the FRITZ GUI.” Does disabling this help at all?

Hello,
Thanks for Your Feedback and the core is hardwired to the Fritz!Box. Only the Naim receives the signals via wire from a fritz wlan receiver 3000 which makes the wlan connection to the fritz!box router. Sorry for not describing this detail from the start.

Hi Ashley,
I deactivated packetacceleration also on the repeater and now the first two songs played without interruption. Update of core version 1.11 was performed parallel.
Thx for your help
Regards
Frank

4 Likes

Yeah. I own a FritzBox as well and the packetacceleration needs to be turned off to get the best results. Keep in mind you have to do this every time you restart the FritzBox as far as i am concerned…

2 Likes

Thanks a lot! I will make me a note as it was also a bit tricky to find the function in the UI of the FritzBox :grinning:

1 Like

You are welcome mate. The menu is well hidden ineed.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.