Playback interruptions on Mac OS X

After upgrading to Roon 1.2 playback of tracks is interrupted occasionally, at an interval of about 30 to 60 seconds.

Mac Mini, 2,3 GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, SSD
MacBook Pro, 3,1 GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, SSD
Storage: SSD, Synology DS1815
Files: 16-bit FLAC

I have the same issue in Roon 1.2 on a Mac Mini with similar specifications as Chanjin_Shin. The issue is experienced on two different USB audio devices, on different high-end Macs. The hiccups occur quite frequently, every minute or so, sometimes just seconds apart. Storage is probably not the issue, it happens when playing from my NAS, from TIDAL and from a local SSD.

Playback is uninterrupted when I use other software, Decibel for example. (Available on http://sbooth.org)

I would suggest making a new thread under support describing your situation and providing all details about your setup. Maybe @andybob can help you get started by splitting this into its own thread.

For Chanjin, his issue was indeed resolved as he discovered what was causing his extraneous network interference. Even though you are having similar symptoms that does not mean that the issues or fixes are the same. Which is why you should start your own thread.

Hi Robbert,

Let’s drop flags for @mike and @vova and get you fixed too.

Edited the post to be a proper opening post, thanks for helping out.

1 Like

Fixed after upgrading to build 142.

Update: I’ve been enjoying Roon tremendously for two days, but now the issue is back.

Please describe your setup in details:

• Where Roon Core is located ?
  • How Remote and Core machines are connected to each other, what is you network topology ?
  • What are the USB devices you’ve mentioned in the first post ?

Thanks

• Roon Core is on the Mac Mini. Playback issue occurs on this machine too, as well as on the MacBook Pro.
  • Network is wired, gigabit CAT7 cables with a gigabit fiber to the home connection. There are two gigabit switches between the Mac Mini and the MacBook Pro (ethernet over Thunderbolt), three between the Mac Mini and the NAS.
  • Devices are PHIREE U2S and ASUS Xonar Essence One.

Note that the issue wasn’t exclusive to playback of files over the network, also files on a local SSD were affected.

Thanks for info, @icheckmusic

Note that the issue wasn’t exclusive to playback of files over the network, also files on a local SSD were affected.

Sure, but it is important to have a full picture here.

Let’s start from gathering Roon logs and analyzing them. I’ll contact you via PM with more details.