Interruptions using streaming on Tidal and Qobuz

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Roon iMac Core.
iPad app.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Ethernet to Sky broadband.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Linn Majik Dsm.

Description Of Issue
I have had interruptions in streaming on Roon since the software update installed earlier this week. I thought that it was a problem with my internet provider but speed test appears to be fine. Then I thought problem was with Qobuz but I found the same problem with Tidal on Roon.

It must be a Roon problem as I have found that streaming via the Linn Kazoo App is absolutely fine on both Tidal and Qobuz.

Roon had been working fine and the problem is since I installed the recent software update. Sometimes music continues to stream onto a new track but the Roon App on my iPad shows it playing the previous track.

Can you help? Is this a problem with the new software? Can I go back to the previous version?

It might be a network problem. I stream Tidal and Qobuz all day long, every day using Roon with no problems. Post your setup including network, etc. and Roon Support can help you figure it out.

OK So I have Roon Core on iMac, linked by Ethernet to Router. I use iPad on WiFi as remote a stream via Linn Majik DSM which is also connected to Router by Ethernet. It is very strange as all was working fine until software update was installed. The Linn Kazoo app steams fine with Qobuz and Tidal - it is just Roon that leads to all the interruptions.

It does seem strange, but Roon will help you figure it out. Might be Monday before Support can respond. @support

@support I am still having the same problem. Can you help please.

A post was split to a new topic: Songs stop abruptly

Hi @Bilbos,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for reaching out!

Can you please confirm if the same issue occurs on your Core’s System Output zone or when outputting to the iPad internal speakers?

I want to separate weather this is just an issue with the Linn zone or all zones.

As a Roon/Linn user… I’ve not had that particular problem that I can recall, but I’ve had multiple instances of Linn systems not responding to Roon after Roon is updated, and the only solution is to power-cycle the Linn system. No idea why, but then I’ve been too long around networked digital systems to just shrug and do it.

Thanks for the response. My Roon Core is on iMac and this works fine, either when streaming from Qobuz and Tidal, or playing music stored on the iMac and even playing Hi Res FLAC music files stored in the cloud (One Drive). Similarly, the output to the iPad internal speakers also plays without interruption or drop outs. So, the problem seems to be related to the link to the Linn DSM.

Noris @support
Do you have any advice on my Linn setup please?

Hi @Bilbos,

Thanks for confirming that this issue occurs only on the Linn setup!
Can you please check to make sure you are using the latest firmware on the DAC?

Is there any change in behavior if you reboot the DAC?
What if you try to stream via Airplay in Roon to the Linn, does that work properly?

I have updated the software on the Linn to the latest version and it seems to be OK so far, so I shall say its solved!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.