'Intializing' on Win10, connection okay on Android 10 & iOS 12.5.1

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roonserver 1.8 (Build 753) / Windows 10

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Several, not relevant

Description Of Issue

Roon 64-bit Win10 client connects with core, but is stuck on a red dot and ‘initializing…’; Roon Android 10 client connects without a problem to same core on same network. iOS 12.5.1 does the same. However, none of the clients show info in the ‘now playing’ screen; the screen is empty and the controls are grayed out except for signal path and ‘back’ and audio and selecting the audio device; selecting and starting music in the main screen works okay. If I select the audio device in the now playing screen I see play activity (‘blue VU icon’) on the chosen device, but the pause button next to it is grayed out: cannot pause the music.

I reinstalled the Win10 client and the server software on the core; I restarted the core and the client; all without result.

Sorry for the trouble, @Jozef_Schildermans!

Would you kindly use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link? Thanks!

I’m experiencing the same issue. The Windows client is stuck on initializing, while the Mac and iOS clients are able to connect. On iOS (iPhone) the app crashes after ~20 seconds, regardless of what I’m doing.

Today, the connection worked again. I didn’t change anything. No idea what was going on the past three days.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.