Introducing RoPieee - A RoonBridge-to-go image for the Raspberry Pi

Looks like mine updated OK … great work Harry :smiley:

1 Like

Perhaps it would be useful to have the choice to update automatically or “on request”? If you add a feature to check which version is running, perhaps you could display a message indicating that a new version is available.

Small new release: I’ve add support for the RPi DAC which make I2S possible.
As usual the update will be pulled in somewhere the coming 24 hrs.

@Artur could you test this please?

1 Like

Hi,
Can check
I do not see the RPI DAC

Your system has not updated yet. You need to have some patience :wink:

Hey Harry, I’m very very super impressed with this and the speed of updates and improvements.

If not already, this will become the best RoonBridge image.

Just wondering if you received your 7" Pi Touchscreen?

I’m not at all asking about a timeline (that would be rude of me, considering the amount of time you’re devoting already to Ropieee) but have you had a play with JiveLite with the Touchscreen?

If you have played with it, do you have early thoughts (only thoughts, doesn’t have to be conclusive) that JiveLite could be implemented with Ropieee while still keeping RAAT compatibility?

Cheers, Sean

1 Like

It works

1 Like

I second that request. I would love to have the option of switching between my IQAudio DAC+ HAT and an external USB DAC.

2 USB DAC’s work OK if anyone is interested.

In principle the change isn’t that much work, just wanted to know if someone actually has done this in real life.

Right now I’m focussing a bit on the 7’’ display, but this can be on my shortlist.

Thanks,

1 Like

Greetings, testing ropieee now. Nice and simple! Any way to add native dsd support for Nuprime Dac-9?

1 Like

Yep. Identified it. I’ll patch the kernel and provide an update. Will take a couple of days though. I’ll keep you posted.

Awesome, Thanks!

Hello Spockfish,

just installed Ropieee on my third PI3 with my Allo Boss Dac.
As I can see there is noc 384Khz support in that kernel for Allo Boss Dac like in DietPi.

Will you support this in the future?

Best regards

René

Yes I can confirm this, I have my Meridian Prime and Mytek Brooklyn connected via USB at the same time. Would just love the HAT to work at the same time.

1 Like

Harry,
Any chance to support one of the cheaper MQA capable DACs such as the Meridian Explorer 2 or the Audioquest Dragonfly Red?
Regards,
Wim

:grin:
:surfer:

Probably yeah, it’s on my list.

Happy to hear about the display - wonder if there is any thoughts on an integration of a sleep option to display a nice clock when the music stops too…picoreplayer esq :stuck_out_tongue: Dimable of course

1 Like

Small update tonight: I’ve patched the kernel with support for native DSD on the NuPrime DAC-9 (@davezp25).

As usual the update will be pulled in somewhere the coming 24 hrs. @davezp25 you can see if you’re running the correct kernel if it looks like this on the web interface: