Introducing RoPieee - A RoonBridge-to-go image for the Raspberry Pi

Hello Spockfish

That seems to be what I was suspecting ;-)!

Because everything else gave no failure/error as I could see in the minimum time it was up!

Seeing forward to an udated image.

Best regards

René

Sorry guys for keeping you waiting.
Busy week. But I’ve been able to fix the issue and have a new image ready.
I just need to test it properly before I’m gonna release it. ETA: Saturday.

I’ll keep you posted!

1 Like

New version available!

This version fixes the reboot cycle upon installation.

Furthermore it introduces a visible installation status by using the green LED: during installation the LED will blink 10x per second, when RoPieee is ready to rock it flashes with a regular heartbeat once very second.

@Rene_Petri and @RBM humbly asking you to re(test) :grin:

1 Like

Hi, can anyone advise a beginner to configure a DAC HAT? I was using the command Sudo nano to edit the config.txt on other builds, but nano isn’t available.

I’m really a newbie on Linux so go easy

Ta

I’m not sure how RoPieee can help out with this. RoPieee is meant to be used as an ‘appliance’, and not as a regular Linux distro that you can use for customisation.

So if you want to tinker around on the Pi then I suggest you have a look at DietPi. Awesome image, and better suited for tinkering than RoPieee.

Out of curiosity… which DAC HAT do you use?

Hi Spockfish

But surely the idea would be that RoPieee would support any DAC’s, not just USB DACs. I see loads of overlay files listed in the overlay folder and i’m sure you’ve mentioned you have HiFiberry on yours. I’ve iqaudio Pi-Dac Zero.

Brilliant work btw ! First end point I’ve used that can send out 512 to my Teac Dac

Oh and when might you enable the LCD panel? I’d love to have the album art displayed , that or the VDU meter. I think you were going to order one :slight_smile:

Hi,

If you’ve got an IQaudIO Pi-Dac Zero there’s nothing you need to do manually.
Just go to the website of the ropieee (type the ip address of the RoPieee in your browser or just try 'http://ropieee/) and select the Pi-Dac from the ‘audio’ setting. Clock on ‘submit’ and ‘ok’ and the RoPieee will reboot. After the reboot you’re ready to go!

Brilliant,

But would i be right in thinking it’ll only support one device, not a USB DAC and HAT DAC at the same time?

Downloading :wink:

Sean
how did you manager to Roon onto the PiCore. curl wasn’t a command recognised when I just tried

Hello Spockfish!

Success :sunny:

The only thing that was odd, was to change the name to ifiPi (IDSD nano on raspberry Pi 2) I had to ssh via root to make the reboot happen by myself.

Before I commited the changes but it didn’t reboot after that.

But Image is working and as you can see such to stress the environment upsampled to DSD256 without any hickups!

Great job!

Many thanks!

Greetings René

I’ve tried using your image several times now. The first version 20170506 had the constant reboot issue. The latest version 20170512 - after several reboots, it starts doing some type of data migration, which fails with:
Not enough space to do migrate blocksTry to do defragement: Skip
You are in rescue mode…

I’ve tried reformatting the card several times and re-burning the image with Etcher, with the same result.

(this is a 32GB Samsung microSD that I’ve used successfully with other pi images)

Indeed. One single audio output at the same time.

@ian_frost could please keep this thread about RoPieee? Your question is about Roon in general, and not related to RoPieee at all.

Thanks!

Thanks for testing! Much appreciated.

Your manually required reboot is an issue I already discovered. Will fix that tomorrow.

Excellent music taste btw :wink:

Best regards,

Harry

Point taken. On the strength of this thread I went and bought a LCD panel. Hopefully you’ve got yours and we can see some album art soon ?

Hello William,

I had the same issue with my Samsung sd Card 32GB.
I needed to totally wipe it,
=> so delete all the partitions,
=> create a whole new Fat32 Partition 32GB
=> after that I could write under Windows the new Roopiee Image with win32imager

Then the Scenario you described didn’t occur, means the Migration of blocks finished without errors.

Best regards
René

1 Like

Thanks Rene, I did try that with same problem. I’ll give it another try when I get some time.

Hi,

Is there any chance you’ve got another (smaller) SD card lying around?
I’ve only got 8GB cards lying around, so no chance for me to test your scenario.

Regards,

I just found this version of the Album a week ago and ripped it from the Blu-ray and converted it with foobar to 6 Channel Flac,
And with Roon this is now such a charming and easy way to keep these Albums in almost original form (Ok ripped and converted to Flac) and just let Roon do the “Magic” to downmix from 5.1 to 2 CH.
Now your RooPieee Image is part of that wonder to my ifi DSD. I didn’t use it for months now as I always had strange effects with Windows or even with Daphile and my old Netbook => always hickups

Best regards

René

1 Like