iOS 13.3.1 Roon app cannot find core

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Latest build number. Windows 10

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
Everything on the same network, etc. Worked prior to “update”.

prior to what update… maybe a windows firewall issue - I would turn that off first and see

I have iOS 13.3.1 and Roon Core running on the lastest WIN10 (as do many others), without any problems.

Not a solution, just trying to narrow things down.

Hi @Karl_Sagner,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Are other remotes able to connect okay?

Fixed. Microsoft! I changed nothing. However, multiple roon.exe listings were in the firewall app list, and some were not checked to allow access through the firewall. Way to go MS.

Hi @Karl_Sagner,

I’m glad that things are working for you now! Please feel free to reach out if you ever have any other questions or issues. Happy listening :headphones:

Never trust M$ to update anything and leave things like security and firewall untouched…

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.