iOS 14.4.1 iPhone XR Crashing

Hi, I’m in trial mode. My iPhone app keeps crashing. I can reproduce super easy by going to support I the app typing anything and hitting return.

But crashing every where.

XR. 1.8 14.4.1

Thanks

Hey @Andrew_Kessel,

I am so sorry for the delay in getting back to you - it’s been a while since your post. And a belated welcome to the Roon community :wave:

I’m sorry about the crash on your iPhone. Did you get a chance to reinstall the Roon Remote app on your iPhone?

Thanks in advance :pray:

So had this happen again. I uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled. This seemed to fix.

Just noting that when the app quit, it didn’t totally quit, I could find it by swiping up and it was still there, just in background. But it would jus keep quitting from running.

@beka Hi, it would be appreciated if Roon Dev considered there is a problem with the iOS app for a really long time. This has been reported for ages and, as for me, never been solved.

Roon is literally the only app that starts crashing and dying while, once this began, is only resolvable by a phone restart. This is beyond annoying and keeps happening over various Roon core, Roon remote and iOS versions.

1 Like

Same here, too. App opens and is useable, then crashes after 15 seconds w/o any interaction.
Currently not useable!
Matthias

Another crash. Was the same on the previous XR and now happens with the 12pro. Remote app works ok for days (sometimes), once crashed only a restart of the mobile will fix. Else the app will crash after a couple of seconds. Again and again and again …

Uploaded this gem of a movie here :wink:

Hi @beka , any chance this is being looked at and ideally solved? Thanks!

Hey @Bernd_Kurte,

Sorry for my late reply…:pleading_face:

As you’ve posted yourself, the ^ thread is where our technical team keeps track of this issue. Did you get a chance to add your experience there?

I wish I had a lot more to say, other than the fact that this thread of yours is now in our technical team’s queue :pray:

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.