Ios and Mac Remotes are unresposive

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Mac or iphone xs max are very unresponsive at times as remotes. I may click on play and it will take 8-10 seconds to start playing. Or ill go back and it will take 15 seconds for the Overview page to open.

Im using an Innous mini Mk III

Network is a Netgear Orbi Pro system very fast … except when using Roon.

Moved on again to Audirvana today because of this and these problems only started happening after the last update.
TEXT GOES HERE

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Mac is wired . Iphones obviously are not

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

TEXT GOES HERE

1 Like

Im using an innuos Zen Mini III and loading Tidal is very very slow using remotes on mac or iphone.

It’s damn near unusable . I have restarted the innous and nothing changes.

Hi @davidh,

What kind of DAC do you have connected to your Innuous?

Does this behavior occur on multiple zones? If you try to start playback to your iPhone or Mac’s internal speakers (System Output Zone), do you notice the same delay occurring there?

It occurs on multiple zones . Wired and wireless.

Dac connected is Rme Adi-dac2

My ipad, iphones,imac all have major problems with slowness after the last Roon update. It is extremely slow and at time damn near unusable.

Hi @davidh,

I’ve shifted your post into the existing thread so that we can have all of the information in one place.

Can you please check to see if this issue only occurs when the Innuous is the Core? You can temporarily host your Roon Core on the Mac by using these instructions:

• Open Roon on the other PC you wish to try as the Core
  • Roon Settings -> General
  • Disconnect
  • On the “Choose your Core” screen, press “Use this PC”
  • If asked to Unauthorize, you can go ahead and do so. You are limited to one active Roon Core at a time but you are free to switch between them as often as you’d like.
  • Verify if the same behavior occurs on the different PC

Roon remotes are fast and quick when using my imac as Roon core on both wired and wireless ipads and imac.
It is a problem with the innous.

So im trying to log back into innuos as use that as core and it is taking forever! On a minute and counting

It never asked to unauthorize the imac.

The Zen mini will not initalize now . Well for some reason i cannot log in to Roon now on the Zen mini

Hi @davidh,

Thanks for confirming that the issue only occurs on the Innuous Core, in that case I suggest you reach out directly to Innuous Support as they would be in the best position to assist you to troubleshoot the Zen further: http://www.innuos.com/en/go/contact-us

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.