IOS App can't connect when screensaver activates on core machine

@Eric

Ah, the curse strikes again. With the latest update (and restart after NY travels), I have the screensaver issue again.

When my iMac roon server screensaver activates, the iOS apps can’t see the server and won’t connect. A whirl of the mouse and the iPhone finds the core again. On 3 or 4 connections though there have been ‘no audio zones’.

:-((

Hi @Graham_Bird ----- Thank you for touching base with me and sharing your observations after returning from your travels.

Moving forward, can you please provide me with a screenshot of the “battery” and “power adapter” tabs in the “Energy Saver” window on the iMac hosting RoonServer.

-Eric

@Eric
There are no such tabs, this is a desktop machine.

Attached is a screenshot of the appropriate tab:

Hi @Graham_Bird ----- Thank you for touching base with me and providing a screenshot highlighting what you are seeing on your end. The insight is appreciated!

Moving forward, I have split your posts about this behavior you are experiencing when the screensaver activates on the core to their own thread so we can directly address this problem. Can you please verify what the experience is like with the mentioned remote device if you uncheck “put hard disks to sleep when possible”.

-Eric

@Eric,

Sorry for the delay, my server died and needed replacing. Now back with all music online again :slight_smile:

The machine has a fusion drive but I shall try that.