iOS app hangs regularly on iPad Pro

Hi @support

I’m a new user of Roon.

My setup is Roon kit base on Lenovo I7 16 GB laptop with separate SSD disk for music and system.

I’m streaming audio to Aries G1 over wi-fi.

My problem is that iOS app that I’m using to manage Roon is regularly hanging up and only closing it and open again solve the problem (iPad pro).

Other application working fine during the same time and access do internet or local network also do not cause any problems.

Can you help?
Rsdek

Try reinstalling and reinstall the iPad app 1st.

Hello @Radoslaw_Goscimski,

I would try reinstalling the iPad app as the first troubleshooting step and if you’re still having issues afterwards please let me know the model/manufacturer of your Router, any network switches, range extenders, powerline adpaters, ect. that you may have in your setup.

Thanks,
Noris

SO reinstall app however problem still persist .
My network is based on ubiquit AP plus switch and SG.
How to make Roon app on iPad more stable ?

Hi @Radoslaw_Goscimski,

How exactly is the iPad hanging? Does this happen with a specific set of actions or does it occur with normal usage? Does it happen only when you exit the Roon app and go back to it or is there a set of steps that you can use to reproduce the issue consistently?

Thanks,
Noris

usually during the search when is used (not removed form active application for some time ) but I can not say that this is main pattern :frowning:

Thanks for letting me know that @Radoslaw_Goscimski. I have a few more diagnostics questions:

• How is your Laptop connected to the network, is it on WiFi or Ethernet? Is the behavior the same if you connect it via Ethernet?
  • Does the same behavior occur across multiple Roon Remotes or is this limited just to the iPad?
  • Are you using any resource-intensive apps on the iPad when this issue occurs or have them open in the background?
  • What kind of switch are you using – Is it a managed switch or unmanaged?
  • You mentioned Ubiquiti AP Plus and a SG, what do you mean by “SG”?

Thanks,
Noris

• How is your Laptop connected to the network, is it on WiFi or Ethernet? Is the behavior the same if you connect it via Ethernet?
    Ethernet
  • Does the same behavior occur across multiple Roon Remotes or is this limited just to the iPad?
    I didn’t notice that on iPhone but I’m not using it too often
  • Are you using any resource-intensive apps on the iPad when this issue occurs or have them open in the background?
    Nothing what should heavily utilise ipad
  • What kind of switch are you using – Is it a managed switch or unmanaged?
    It’s ubiqutii switch with can be managed
  • You mentioned Ubiquiti AP Plus and a SG, what do you mean by “SG”?
    Secure gateway

Hi @Radoslaw_Goscimski,

Thanks for providing that information. Can I ask you to perform the following:

• Reproduce this issue once more and note the exact local time in your country that you experience this behavior (ex. 12:51PM), if you are able to reproduce multiple times please list a couple.

• Note any sequence of actions that you were doing right before this issue occurred - Locking the iPad, browsing to a specific section of the App, going to another app and then going back to Roon, ect.

• Once I have this information I will then enable diagnostics mode for your account and take a look to see if there are any clues “under-the-hood” as to why this could be occurring

Thanks,
Noris