iOS apps cant see Core

@support - hi - I’ve just installed Roon on a Win10 pc. All went fine, Linked to my Tidal account, and accessed my local music files. But installing Roon on my iphone and ipad, neither can see my Roon core, not by computer name nor ip address.
I’ve checked my network settings, windows defender, and roon setup. All appear ok. but still cant see it to connect to it. What can I try next? Thanks!

1 Like

Long shot, have you re booted the iPad lately?

Thanks. Good shout, and no I hadn’t. Worth trying, but still no luck.

But just stopped Roon on the pc, switched off Windows defender, restarted Roon, and it worked. Turned Defender back on, and still seems to be working!

Thanks.

1 Like

@support unfortunately, since it started working, it’s mostly lost the connection to the core again, and only found it again fleetingly.

Going to spend some time fiddling with it now, but bit frustrating.

Thanks.

Well, I’ve rebooted the Core pc, and it’s working again, so let’s see how long it lasts for…

Hello @Mark_Lewis,

I would make sure that Roon is added as an exception to your Windows Firewall using these instructions. What router are you making use of here? How is the Core connected to your network, via WiFi or Ethernet? You may want to try connecting the Core via Ethernet if this issue pops up again and optionally also take a look at our Networking Best Practices Guide. Please let me know if you are still having issues after taking a look my above recommendations.

Thanks,
Noris

Thanks for these tips. After rebooting the whole pc the connection seems to have been better, and more stable, so fingers crossed. But I will follow your points above the next time it fails and hopefully find a consistent resolution.

Thanks.

Sorry, just realised I didn’t answer any of your questions.

My router is just the standard BT Homehub 6 (I think). New model as of about 1 year ago.

The PC is just connected to the network via wifi, but the signal seems pretty strong. However, it is in my music studio, so there are a lot of cables and other things going on in there, and maybe there is some ‘electronic noise conflict’ or something, causing intermittent issues. I did go into the firewall settings and approve the Roon app already.

As I say, hopefully the reboot cleared things out, so I’ll see how long it stays connected for.

Thanks.

@Mark_Lewis,

Thanks for letting me know that the system is more stable after a reboot, please keep me posted if this issue occurs again. I would also take a look at any antivirus settings you have in place to make sure Roon is an exception and make sure that you are not using a VPN if this issue occurs again.

Thanks,
Noris