iOS control affect 'wrong' endpoint

I was attempting to control my Onkyo receiver via iOS and through the volume control appeared to work and I could hear a (modest) change in volume, that was because the change was actually happening on the Retina endpoint.

Hi Graham,

Which Zone was active on your iOS device ?

As per the included screen shot, the Onkyo appears in the display as active.

What do you mean by “control my Onkyo receiver via iOS”? If the Roon remote app, Roon cannot control the AVR, which is not Roon ready. Roon control stops at the iOS endpoint.

AJ

Hmmm, very curious. Roon has always - and continues to do so when playing nice - my Onkyo receiver over airplay using the Roon app.

Hello @Graham_Bird,

I have enabled diagnostics on your accounts so that we can try to determine what could be causing this behavior to occur. What this action will do is the next time the application is active on your core devices a diagnostics report containing a set of your Roon logs will automatically be generated/uploaded directly to our servers.

For further clarification, when you are playing music to your Onkyo Airplay zone and attempt to change the volume, the volume inputs are ignored by the Onkyo and are instead modifying the volume on the “Retina” zone?

-John

@john It only happened the once immediately after the last upgrade.