iOS crashing - again

I know this has been mentioned many times before, indeed, I’ve commented on previous threads such as this one.

However, I feel compelled to point out again that the Roon app on iOS appears more unstable than ever… Is it just me? The issue of constant near-instant crashing appeared to have been resolved. However, now, again, the app will crash almost instantly on start-up. It probably happened 50 times over the last two days. Tried quitting/restarting rebooting etc. ensuring all other apps are closed etc. Nothing changed. It became a race between me and the crashing app to see if I could start some music before the app crashed. Sometimes I won but mostly the app crashed.

What’s going on? Please can someone tell me how to resolve the issue because it’s not usable in its current state.

I look forward to hearing a solution… here’s hoping!
Edward

I found that restarting the phone will help with the crashes. Obviously this is not ideal and far from a long term solution.

Hmmm. Well I’ve tried that and it doesn’t seem to help but I’ll try again. But as you say, it’s not a long-term solution! I’m interested to know what’s changed that it’s now suddenly crashing again; it appeared to have been solved (in my experience anyway).

No idea Edward. There has not been an official statement from Roon and I doubt even they know.

It’s not everyone experiencing crashes on iOS devices which I imagine only makes this bug even more difficult to track.

A post was merged into an existing topic: iOS devices crashing shortly after startup [See staff post]