iOS crashing, unable to find fix

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac mini mid 2010 2.66Ghz
MacOS HighSierra 16Gb DDR3

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Eero home network system >> Cisco switch >> ISOregen >> PSAudio DAC

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

iPhone 12 Pro - Crash every 30 seconds
iPad Pro - working fine
MacBook Pro - working fine

Description Of Issue

iPhone has new problem where Roon crashes ever 30 seconds. Able to connect and search library without issues but will crash regularly. Recently added Eero network system but no other changes to system or network. All other Roon devices working normally.

Hi @Julian_Martinez,

Can you please try to reinstall the Roon app on the iPhone and let us know if it helps?

yup let me do that right now…

That seems to have worked. not crashing anymore. thank you for the assistance. cheers!

1 Like

That’s fantastic news @Julian_Martinez!
Hopefully the reinstall helped here, but if the issues return, please do let us know!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Roon on iOS was crashing. Previously posted all my info. Reinstalled and helped, started crashing again. Wtf… why is your app so buggy??

Hi Julian,

Sorry to hear you are still having trouble. I’ve reopened this thread and flagged @noris.

Thank. Awaiting response.

Hi @Julian_Martinez,

Thank you for your patience here and hope you had a great New Years celebration!

Can you please confirm - if you try to exit all of your background apps on the iOS device and try starting Roon again, does the issue still occur?

I will try this and get back to you

1 Like

This did not work

Hi @Julian_Martinez,

I’ve just tried to enable diagnostics mode for your device, next time you use the Roon app on your iPhone, hopefully a log set will be delivered to our servers. Can you please open the app, use it for a few minutes and let me know once you have done so? Thanks!

Hi Noris @noris ,

I am having a similar issue.

I didn’t really have problems on my previous device (iPhone 7) that I can recall, but I recently updated to iPhone 12 Mini and have had frequent, routine crashes.

Roon will run for around 10-15 seconds and then just close.

I have rebooted my router, Roon OS, my endpoints, my iPhone, deleted Roon app and reinstalled several times (this seems to work best though it is short lived) and have run out of ideas.

My other devices (iPad Air 2 and MBP) seem to have no issue, nor does my partner’s phone (iPhone 11).

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Tarkan.

This did the trick for me (and others)

1 * uninstall Roon remote + reboot the iPhone
2 * reboot Roon core machine
3 * reinstall Roon remote

Done. I opened it. Had it crash once

1 Like

Crashing more often now. Thoughts?

1 Like

Hi @Julian_Martinez,

Thanks for letting me know, I can confirm that the log report has been received.

Looking over the log, it looks like your iOS device’s RAM usage increased very quickly and then the app was closed by the iOS system.

We currently have an investigation in progress regarding this issue, your report matches a few others that we’ve had, so I have added you to the investigation and our team is trying to identify the root cause.

I can’t comment on when exactly this investigation will be complete, so thank you in advance for your patience here!

1 Like

Thanks, I can’t even open Roon right now. It just crashes immediately. :rage: