iOS devices crashing shortly after startup [See staff post]

I have the same problem with my iPhone 13 Pro Max. Roon and the OS are up to date. Only a cold start of the iPhone brings a temporary improvement (hold down the volume down button, then the volume down button and then the power button).

Übersetzt mit DeepL (DeepL Translate App for Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android)

Looks like it just started for me. Everything was perfect until five minutes ago, now Roon is in a sort of crash loops. Shall I send logs somewhere?

The iOS app is very unstable for me. This was happening before today’s release and it is continuing to happen in today’s release (931). Crashes after I run for a few seconds. It’s completely unusable. I’m not switching into and out of the app, just trying to use the app.

I hope you look at this right away - it’s very frustrating.

Thought this issue had been definitively resolved a few months’ back, but it has reared its ugly head again. Hope a fix is on the way.

Trust me this is more than annoying. 10 min to just play a song because I had to uninstall, reboot and install again. Logs submitted 5-6 times. Hard to believe with all these crashing threads no one can figure out what the problem is and correct it. Now if I restore my phone to iOS 15.3.1 the issues go away. 15.4 started this issue.

For me to, again sadly enough. Updated my iPhone and Roon a couple of days ago and today it started again. It’s not usable in any way, it crashes constantly at the moment…

Two days of total stability, just to crash like mad on iOS this morning. Completely random, it seems.

Just to add, the app crashes for me all the time after between 5 and 20 seconds. I’ve deleted, rebooted and reinstalled, but really no change.

First time I’ve had this problem. Can’t use the iPhone app. A few seconds after using it, it closes rendering it unusable.

iPhone 13 running latest iOS (15.4.1). Have deleted and reinstalled app. Same problem. Core is 1.8 (931).

(Edit) Hard reboot of IPhone gives some temporary usability, but that’s a workaround not a fix.

1 Like

I’ve also got the crashes again since the last update…

Just to add my voice. Crashes have started for me on the iPhone 12 mini. Latest software all round. Been running for years without this problem. Well done guys, another update another basic functionality problem.

Yes. This issue is back for me as well. It has been good since late summer but this last update it is back. This time 10 seconds after opening the app vs. 25 seconds last time.

Same here. I’ve had this issue before, on an older type iPhone. It went away. Now I’m on an iPhone 13 with latest versions of iOS and Roon app / server.
The problem has re-appeared the last couple of days and makes it impossible to use the Roon app.

1 Like

Same here updated app today rendered it unusable

Woke up this morning, put the coffee on, fired up Roon Remote on iPhone XS and launched live radio for BBC Radio 4 news. Selected endpoint. Application crashed. So again, a simple sequence sadly rendered pretty unusable by what?. Over to you (again) at Roon. All devices running latest s/w and no network or machine build changes.
It really is quite a mystery as I just know other folk will say well it doesn’t happen here! Why me?

I have just submitted the PDF with Network files. Let’s hope that works as I have to say, Roon is marvellous and is firmly embedded as essential as afore-mentioned coffee machine!

This is interesting. I’ve had the “crash in 19 seconds” issue for the past few days, but a hard restart as above does fix the issue for the time being. Not sure how long the fix will last, but it’s a clue to something, perhaps.

I think 933 fixed my crashing.

interestingly, this was in the 933 changelog:

• Resolved several issues which could cause a crash on iOS after resuming from sleep/disconnect

maybe they fixed it?

1 Like

So far so good for me! Latest iOS and iphone12promax

Roon - WHY??

The crashes are back after a good year of a premium piece of software finally doing it’s job properly.
iPhone 12pro 256GB 15.4.1
Crashes re-introduced with v.933. 20 secs and gone.

:rage:

And again - like when it was happening a year ago - your app it the ONLY among hundreds showing this erratic behavior.

1 Like