iOS devices stalled and won’t connect to Core

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

PC, Windows 10 pro

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

BT, Wi-fi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Naim Muso and QB plus Sonos Move

Description Of Issue

Haven’t changed any settings or doing anything differently but neither my iPhone (10 XS) nor my iPad Pro will connect to the Core. Just stalled on waiting for remote core…
Suddenly started few days ago but today won’t connect at all. Core is on and working fine and I can use that to play music through the system but neither iOS device will connect. They were buggy before and often had to wait some time to connect but now has stopped altogether.
What is going on?

I had this, and was an issue with my iPhone losing the wifi connection.

Is wifi working correctly?

It is but I’m still trying to work out whether the BT wifi is patchy/drops out regularly. There is no issue with lack of signal - I have full signal around the whole house but I think it can lose connection sometimes.

Are you using a dedicated 5Ghz network?

Before I got a mesh system (TP Link Deco M9 plus, can recommend for Roon), setting up a dedicated 5Ghz network and only connecting to that network was the best solution against dropouts. The 2.4Ghz band is really crowded with DECT, WIFI, Zigbee, … etc… etc…

1 Like

Hey @Duncan_M-S,

I’m sorry about the trouble you’ve ran into with your remote devices…and also, I’m very sorry about how long it took us to reply :pleading_face:

I’m thankful that @jmvdv has jumped in in the meantime to help.

I was wondering, what iOS are your devices running on? Could you please check the iOS permissions on these devices?

https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/ios-permissions

Thanks in advance :pray: