iOS remote connection trouble

I am having same issue on iPhone and iPad. Not with Win 10/64 PC though.

Delete/reinstall logs in immediately.

I will post a separate support ticket.

Hi @Daniel_Gale,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

How often do you see these disconnects occur?

System:
Network - Quobuz/Tidal/WD My Cloud NAS > Roon >

Main System:
ARRIS - SURFBoard DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem
Netgear (R7000P-100NAS) Nighthawk AC2300 Router
AQ-SWITCH SE High-End Gigabit Network-SWITCH 8 Ports

Roon Core - Fidelizer Nimitra S Computer Audio Server (USB) >
Modwright/OPPO Sonica DAC

Second System (bridge from above Nimitra Core)
ALLO USBridge (POE) > Chord Cutest >
Schiit Loki/SchiitWyrd > Bryston BHA 1 headphone amp

Remotes:
iPad and iPhone iOS 12.3.1
Windows 10//64 laptop

Problem seems to have gone away today…
However, yesterday on iOS remotes I was unable to connect to the Core.
It would stay on the search screen and periodically go to the Roon logo login screen but then be kicked back. This would occur multiple times.
When I tried selecting new Core it would not find the Nimitra and stay at the searching for core screen.

The only way I could access Roon was to delete/reinstall the app. It would then immediately log on. Again, problem occurred only on iPad/iPhone.
Thanks
Dan

Hi @Daniel_Gale,

Thanks for the details. If you see this behavior occur again please try checking your router settings for “Enable Smart Connect” and make sure this setting is disabled and let us know if this yields any change for you.

Thanks. Just disabled and will let you know if issue arises again.

1 Like

Hi Started having same iOS log in problem again. Only way to log in is to delete iOS app and reinstall. Logs in immediately then.

Changed router setting last time per your suggestion.

Hi @Daniel_Gale,

Did things seem to work better after changing the setting or is it happening just the same amount?

If you force close the app instead of uninstalling does that allow it to be used?

I changed the router settings a few weeks ago when problem first reported. Helped until just recently.

Forced close doesn’t work. Only reinstall.

That said, things seem to be back to normal again. Wondering if it could be a network issue on my end?

Hi @Daniel_Gale,

Most often this type of behavior does stem from a networking issue. Have you noticed any patterns in when this occurs? Are there any other devices on the network during that time that aren’t when it works?

Another test that might help is bypassing the AQ-Switch and connecting the Core directly to the primary router via Ethernet. Is there any improvement when doing so?

This issue has recurred. iOS Roon Remote doesn’t login. Gets to Roon splash screen then kicks back to LOOKING FOR YOUR ROON CORE.on iphoy and iPad. Reinstall in reboots don’t help. Other network functions are fine.

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Fidelizer Nimitra Signature server Win 10 64 most recent vuildy

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
AQVOX network switch
Netgear Nighthawk router
Arris Surfboard Docis modem

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Oppo Sonica DAC USB
AntiMode 2,0 Dual Core TosLink

Description Of Issue
Cannot log into Roon with iOS remote. Reboot and reinstall doesn’t help.
Looking for your Roon Core > Logo page loop.

Try following the instructions given in this KB-article: Why can’t Roon Remote Connect?

Thx. Issue persists.

You can also try to connect the Core directly to the router.

1 Like

Back in business. Might have been an Ethernet cable connection. Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.