Pro Series iOS Phones Not Locking to Higher 120FPS Refresh Rate [Ticket In: Affecting Pro-Series iPhones]

Thanks. I’ve already cancelled my subscription, though I’m keeping my NUC for now and leaving the option open to come back if the various iOS bugs get resolved in a reasonably timely manner.

1 Like

I can understand that this problem is a deal breaker for those suffer from the scrolling issue but to add some perspective this isn’t affecting all devices.
I have two iPads, two iPhones & an MS Surface pro & none of them have issues with scrolling, I suspect that the vast majority of users are are a similar position to me and the Roon team have to be very careful that, while implementing a fix, they don’t make the situation worse.

1 Like

I’m fed up of the terrible iOS performance too. I have logged a support request, sent them a video, but no feedback received other than to suggest my finger might be twitching when scrolling… yes… seriously.

Will not be renewing…

2 Likes

I think the problem here is when you vertical scroll, but accidentally move finger even slightly left or right, horizontal scroll event is being raised and this takes over cancelling/abandoning the vertical scroll.

The fix I guess will be to either lock out other axis scroll, or better, be able to honor both scroll directions simultaneously for smooth response in both directions - ie support panning.

Hi Paul,

Would you please be able to post a video of how the remote behaves on either one of your iPhones? Is it as smooth and natural as a Spotify, Tidal or Qobuz native app?

I’d be curious to see.

Cheers pal.

1 Like

Kevin, do you know something we don’t know? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Will sort you out with some proper fish and chips you’re probably missing :sweat_smile:

JK - I know you won’t be able to say.

1 Like

Beka, Can you give status on the same/similar issue on Android. I submitted a ticket ten months ago, submitted video on support’s request, followed up, but then nothing.

I have requested this tagging mods for status several times and never get a response. There have been numerous complaints of scrolling problems from other Android users. I even bought a new tablet, installed Roon before most other apps, and had the same problem.

I don’t even know if support is acknowledging the issue on Android or not. IMO, this thread should be generalized to remotes, not just iOS.

Status??

Thank you

It seems there are 2 scrolling issues. My initial support request was to do with twitchy scrolling where the scroll position jumped around, almost as if the page was reloading constantly.

There is an additional effect I am now seeing which is unsmooth scrolling, which I can only describe as scrolling with a refresh rate of about 5Hz… quite headache inducing!

unfortunately i can’t as i only have a local file which can’t be loaded directly on community pages.

I get the feeling you know something we don’t :wink:and the scrolling issue isn’t jst on ios with my ipad pro &iphone 13 pro max but on my android Samsung tablet

Unfortunately I know nothing more than yourself or any other member here.
Roon do not provide updates on bug fixes, feature requests or support issues outside of Roon.

I was merely trying to ascertain if Roon had lost yourself ( and others) totally or if there was still hope remaining.
Which it appears there is.

Roon Core Machine

MacBook Air i5, 8GB

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Asus 56u wifi
Internal speed 350MB/s

Connected Audio Devices

Sonos speakers
DAC/Headphones via ipad/iPhone USB

Number of Tracks in Library

46,955 tracks

Description of Issue

Things I’ve noticed specific to the iPadOS and IPad Pro
-Scroll doesn’t work when using the touchpad on the iPad hardware keyboard
-Scrolling is jerky and often re-loads (typically album or artist reviews when playing tracks)
-IPad OS can have issues finding the Roon core and need to restart the iPad app
-App crashes maybe every few days

1 Like

There’s loads of threads about the scrolling problem on ios,I have the same problem on my ipad pro and iphone 13 pro max

1 Like

Welcome to the club. There are so many problems on iOS that have gone unresolved for literally years, I recently cancelled my subscription. I’m hoping if enough of us make enough noise, we’ll eventually see some of these problems addressed.

1 Like

I just won’t bother paying for the app. Seems like a nice idea, just too many issues with it to pay the money.

I’m really enjoying tidal connect now instead of roon,to my ears it sounds better,the ui is fast and smooth

Any update yet

Unfortunately we don’t know when the next iOS update will be coming.

Hi all, we’ve been working on some improvements to iOS scrolling that are in alpha testing right now. Early feedback has been positive, so we’re hoping to include those changes in our next release (not today’s Build 898). :crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

url