iOS remote using old IP address

I know this is an old topic, but it is totally happening to me now as well. Was there a solution to this issue?

Hi @Dan_Burns,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Any change after a reboot of the remote and Core?

Hi @dylan,

I was able to figure it out after a bit more troubleshooting. I’ll try to sum it up:

1. I did not have a static IP address assigned to my Synology NAS. I resolved it by assigned one via my CenturyLink modem.
  2. I have a large area to cover with my network, so my configuration was:

Internet > CenturyLink Modem > TP Link Wireless router & Apple Airport Extreme > Apple Airport Extreme.

I changed it to:
Internet > CenturyLink Modem > TP Link Wireless router > Apple Airport Extreme & Apple Airport Extreme.

Basically, I had one Airport Extreme connected to the CenturyLink Modem, and one connected to the TP Link Wireless router. When I was in the area of the house that was covered by the TP Link Wireless router & Apple Airport Extreme, Roon would work. However, when I was connected to the area of the house that was covered by CenturyLink Modem > Apple Airport Extreme, it would not work.

When I routed both Airport Extremes through the TP Link Wireless router, and had the static IP address assigned to the NAS, everything worked again.

Thanks!
Dan

Hi @Dan_Burns,

Thanks for the update here, glad to hear you managed to resolve the issue!
If you have any further difficulties, please do let us know!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.