iOS remote won’t connect to Mac OS core

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac mini mid 2011. High Sierra 10.13.6. Roon 1.8 764

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Linksys Velop WHW03v1 WiFi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

USB to Schitt Bifrost DAC

Description Of Issue

iPhone won’t connect to core. iPhone XR iOS 14.4 Roon 1.8

Hey @Jay_Touve,

Thanks so much for reaching out. We’d love to help.

I was wondering, did your iPhone connect to your Core before, or it never has? If you’ve never been able to use your iPhone as a remote for Roon, can you please check that your Core accepts connections from remotes?

Also, are both your Core and your remote on the same network? For example, if the Core’s IP address is 192.168.1.1, the remote address needs to match except for the last section (in this case it’d be 192.168.1.X).

Thanks in advance :pray:

Rebeka, thanks for the reply. All devices are on the same network. My phone has worked well in the past, however, over the last six months connectivity has been an issue. It connects/disconnects randomly. For instance, yesterday it connected to allow me to start music, but when I went to stop music 45 minutes later it would not connect.

I appreciate the clarification, @Jay_Touve. It will help our technicians to suggest the best next step.

Thanks in advance for your patience while they have a chance to get back to you :pray:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @Jay_Touve

Is the Core connected via Ethernet or WiFi?

Are you able to the Core okay from other remotes during the time that the iPhone is having trouble connecting?

It is hit or miss. Usually, other macOS devices connect. More often then not, my iPad will connect, but it is not 100%. It is not connected by Ethernet, but by WiFi.