iOS Remotes hang at Choose your Roon Core

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Core - HP Pavilion i5/8GB RAM
Windows 10
Current build

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Assus DOCIS 3.1 modem
Netgear Nighthawk router
Aqvox SE Switch
Modwright/OPPO Sonica DAC

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
USB/Ethernet/Toslink connections

Issue:
iOS remotes hanging at Choose your Roon Core.
Roon playing fine on HP.

Make sure to turn off your firewall on the core machine. If this works you need to enable the firewall to allow roon and raat services

@wizardofoz
No change.

Delete Remote and download a fresh copy from the App store.

Can’t hurt.

@xxx
Usually works. Not this time.

Hi @Daniel_Gale,
Have you tried rebooting your router, Core, and remotes since experiencing this issue

Have there been any changes in your setup around the time this issue started?

@dylan
Everything rebooted. No change.

Are you using the same subnet for your WiFi connections. Also make sure you are not connecting to a guest network as guest networks can’t see local endpoints.

Try an app like Fing or nettool to see if you can see the core and other things via or on the WiFi network

No changes.

My sonic transport sticks at initialising. I have replaced the remote app, rebooted everything, upgraded the core…it will connect with the MacBook core which I use for bridging. It is possible it is relating to a guest network as it happened while I was installing a wifi speaker. If so I do not know how to fix this.

@Ian_Clark I have had this issue on and off with two cores, a Fidelizer Nimitra Signature and HP Pavilion. Usually rights itself after remote reinstall but not this time. May be related to most recent 1.7 rev.

OK, try one other thing.:neutral_face:

Instead of letting your iOS device go to sleep, power cycle it.
I.e. hold down the off button until the device actually turns off.

Just once, to see if that clears anything.

@xxx No luck.

1 Like

[quote=“dylan, post:7, topic:88930”]
[Hi Tried another router reboot. See to have fixed issue. Turning back on firewalls with ROON and RAAT exceptions

Hi @Daniel_Gale,

I’m glad that things are working for you now! Please feel free to reach out if you ever have any other questions or issues. Happy listening :headphones:

:sound:
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.