iPad 10" will not connect to clean install of roonserver and my most recent backups not found

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows server 2019, AMD ryzen 7 1800x, build 1.7 555

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Everything connects to an Asus AC1900 wi fi modem, core remotes etc. Server 19 machine has rosewell RNX1900 wifi card

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

USB Dac (T+A dac8DSD)

Description Of Issue

Had to do clean install of windows server 19 and roon core. Now remotes will not connect to roonserver on core machine. I keep getting connection failed message. As work around I added Roon to my server 19 core machine to use as a remote. On login screen I selected restore from a backup I searched where my backups were and roon finds only 3 backups (June 13, 2019, June 17, 2019 and Feb 12, 2020, I back up every 4 days) Before the clean install I checked my backups and roon indicated last successful back up was June 1, 2020. I then closed the roon login screen since I could not find the most current backup (june 1), without logging into roonserver to see if that worked.

I have 2 issues- 1) remotes (IPad 10") will not connect to roonserver on core machine. and Yes I added Roonserver.exe and raatserver.exe to exceptions list in firewall. and 2) where is my most current backup? I backup to a 16gb USB stick and before clean install roon indicated last successful backup was June 1.

Before this mess I used the same PC, wifi gear and same server 19 OS with multiple remotes and had zero issues. (except for the jumping queue).

I solved the backup issue, apparently roon auto backup had mixed some locations of the various files or folders needed to restore the June 1 backup. I ended up making a new folder on my backup device called Roon Backup 1 and then moved the june 1 root file to that as well as the big folder with a long numbers and letters name that was almost 8gb in size. Then I pointed roon at this new folder and my luck held and it populated the most recent backups. I selected June 1 and roon has restored it. Not sure why roon broke up the backups so it was unable to see the most recent ones. I’ve reformatted the drive and reset the back up schedule.

Hello @Quadman, how about the remotes? Are they working now too? If not, are you able to connect to the server via IP? Are all remotes experiencing the issue?

@nuwriy Yes I just got the remotes to connect as well. Server 19 (16 as well) are not really suited for roon or roonserver, I installed Audiophile Optimizer 3.0 just now and it must add components to server 19 to allow roon and roonserver connection. As soon as I got done with the install of AO3 and rebooted my remotes found roonserver with no issue. All appears good now.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.